17 August 2010

tick tock tick tock

7 Small Shawls: T - 140 days and counting down.

Oh. My. God. What can I say?

This week, the perfect storm has settled over my life. Not one of the things happening is bad, mind you. It's all fabulously and wonderfully good! It's just that they are all here at once - ulp!

Some old and dear friends are coming this weekend. We haven't seen them in 10 years. The house is an absolute disaster of biblical proportion. My kids are on break from swimming and when they don't exercise they are, well...a pain. Tomorrow: they are running the track until they drop. Meanwhile, I am writing up my Maia mitts pattern for test knitting. It's one of those things that is simple to knit, but is a long and time-consuming pattern to write up. Added to that, I have a secret project due on Monday, and another due September 1st. Holy carp. Do you realize how close September is?!?!?!? Not to mention finishing the rest of Celaeno and writing up that pattern. Oh, wait. Did I mention that I need to send out a couple of wholesale pin orders and a bunch of retail ones? And my new gorgeous golden shawl. I didn't have enough of the perfect beads, so I had to order more. Thank heavens that's a good excuse for not working on it right now. ;)

This past Sunday evening, I opened up 50 spots in my 2011 club for a first round of sign-ups and I forgot to send out an announcement to my Yahoo group! This wouldn't have been so terrible except that there were only 4 memberships left when I discovered my omission the next morning. So I did the only thing I thought was right. I sent out a notice and let more than 50 people sign up in the first round. This means that I may have a much larger club than anticipated when I open up again in October (another 50 spots). Which is absolutely wonderful. And incredibly terrifying!

Oh, and Mr. Romi? Absolutely. Totally. Swamped.

Did you see my interview on the Rainey Sisters blog? I got to chat with Susan - it was very fun. :)

I'm going to bed now, so maybe I won't catch this cold I'm working on.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Monika said...

Boy, you are bussssssy!!!

7:13 AM  
Anonymous Diem said...

When it rains, it pours, doesn't it? Remember to breathe!

7:24 AM  
Blogger Thérèse said...

Just remember these are good problems to have...hang in there!

7:48 AM  
Blogger Jamie/Moira said...

Does this mean we should be less demanding of pretty pretty things to make?

9:12 AM  
Blogger Laurie said...

Dear lord, girl...I step away from the computer for a few days and chaos ensues - GOOD chaos, though. Loved the interview!

11:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home