11 January 2008

Back in the Land of the Living

And it feels good. Yes. It. Does.

------------------------

Thank you all so much for your kind wishes, both about Andy and my long hours working. I wanted to add that, although Andy was the son of my husband's classmate and friend, I was never lucky enough to meet him personally. And, well...it just shouldn't be this way. So much has been lost in Iraq. I will forward your kind wishes on to his family.

------------------------

Well, all my book materials are in! Wooooooohoooooooooooooo! Although the day I blogged about was a particularly long one, that's about what happens when you try to squish the workload from a book into an already busy life! And like Junie said, that's why I've disappeared.

So, I'm on to the most important past of my post: my kind, patient and wonderful Secret Pal, SpinningJenny, who spoiled me rotten, picked amazingly wonderful gifts, and is a complete sweetheart. Even when I got completely overwhelmed and dropped off the face of the Earth. Thank you Jenny!

And now since I have had the time to fix the camera software finally, here are some pics of a hank of absolutely amazingly gorgeous laceweight she sent me from Cherry Tree Hill.

Mmmmmm.

I might have gone a little overboard to make up for lost time here. :)

And then she sent me a package with my very favorite candy that I completely forgot to mention in the questionnaire (duh) but that she ferreted out of me in an email exchange: Ritter Sport marzipan bars. She sent me two. The second one didn't make it to the photo session. Heh. Or I should say "urp."

And the hank of yarn? Her handspun. Yes!

Is it not delectable? I wish I could do it justice! It has these gorgeous strands of shiny stuff spun in and it is so soft and lofty. I need to come up with the perfect pattern.

Thank you so much Jenny!!! I so enjoyed meeting you!

Next, we have my only holiday knitting: for my little ones. I used Cascade's Eco Wool + (my favorite yarn now for almost three years running!) with the Fiber Trends kids' felted clogs pattern. Here they are before felting.

And after.

I am always amazed at the magic of felting, no matter how many times I do it!

And believe me, I've been doing a LOT of it!

Here is the requisite modeled shot.

And last of all, I wanted to thank everyone who has written me kind notes about Ice Queen (queue it here on Ravelry)! I am so glad you all like it - and you absolutely make my day when I get those notes. It's been a huge (much needed!) energy boost. Thank you thank you!

And now, I have a lot of catching up to do in my life! Have a great weekend y'all!

Labels: , , ,

20 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those have got to be the cutest slippers ever! You just picked the perfect colors.

I'm so glad you've been surrounded by so much fibery goodness, even in the midst of chaos. :-)

5:00 AM  
Blogger Jen in FL said...

Oh yay! More posts from Romi, I hope!! The felted clogs are absolutely gorgeous!! I might have to give them another try.

5:04 AM  
Blogger Bea said...

That purple laceweight is so beautiful! I love those felted clogs too!

5:41 AM  
Blogger The A.D.D. Knitter said...

Wow Romi, so much info, it's 'feat or famine', at Rosemary-go-round;) Love all of your pics!

I also love Eco-Wool, such a great find.

5:41 AM  
Blogger Gudrun Johnston said...

Well glad to see you have some goodies as a reward for all your hard work...can't wait for the book...it's going to be amazing I'm sure....
Those felted clogs rock!

6:54 AM  
Blogger Sonya said...

All I can say is WOW!

7:13 AM  
Blogger Jean said...

Huge congratulations!

8:07 AM  
Blogger lv2knit said...

The felted slippers are fabulous and Ice Queen is for sure in my queue -- I am thinking of making three: two for peeps and one for moi.

1:05 PM  
Blogger Joanne said...

Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle! I am doing the happy dance at my desk chair for you, my friend. Good for you, regarding the book...and now, back to your life, huh? I'm looking forward to the day when I can do the same. All my projects are submitted, but I've still got a fair bit to go...it is hard to be patient with myself!

2:25 PM  
Blogger NH Knitting Mama said...

Glad you're back! Lots of good things in your stash, too... boy am I jealous. Your pal's handspun is delicious.

6:02 PM  
Blogger Valerie said...

Welcome back!! Congrats on getting all your work in and also on all the wonderful goodies!!

Those clogs are too cute!

11:41 PM  
Blogger June said...

Love, love, love the clogs and all the wonderful yarn! You know, I have a very small foot too. . .

6:36 AM  
Blogger Lorraine said...

Rosemary- Rittersport Marzipan.

Need I say more? (My absolute favorite in the world)

7:59 AM  
Blogger ...Sarah said...

I adore those clogs I have to get that pattern in my hands.

4:43 PM  
Blogger Sandy said...

I *love* the clogs you made! Welcome back to the land of the living. ;)

4:48 PM  
Blogger Tiny Tyrant said...

OMG I MUST HAVE THE PURPLE! Please please please please.

Stupid yarn diet. lol

The CLOGS are adorable.

Glad to see knitting content chickie and it was good to see you Saturday morning.

8:59 AM  
Blogger Spinning Jenny said...

I am so glad that you enjoy all of your goodies. I can't wait to see what you make out of them.

12:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That laceweight is so YUMMY! It's such a beautiful colour; I bet it would look great as a fall-themed Muir. :D

Congrats on the book! I can't wait to get a copy!

PS. Ritter Sport marzipan bars are my favourites, too.

7:24 PM  
Blogger Vivian said...

What cute slippers! I love little feet and things cover little feet :-)

8:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for the congrats! I just LOVE your slippers. Where is the pattern from? or is it your pattern?

9:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home