17 August 2007

Friday Eye Candy

First, I want to thank all of you so very very much for all of your kind comments about my Mystery Stole 3 swan and feather pins, and the ball of yarn earrings! And for your orders! You made me feel so great! And now I'd better change the subject before I get all mushy. :g:

Today, we have eye candy up the wazooooo!


Here is the Perfect Purple courtesy of Rowan.


Is it not divine?!

And here, for the traditionalist, we have some alpaca "moulinette" from Misti International.

Moving right along here, we have some gorgeous laceweight linen from Louet. I love this stuff. Absolutely. Love. It.

Here is the color card for Louet's spinning and felting fibers.

Also from Louet...just feast your eyes on this dyed Corriedale top! :swoon:

Look at those amazing colors. They are so incredibly bright and vibrant that it is difficult to capture them adequately. I am in color heaven.

Those who know me may recall that I am not a spinner. Angela tried to enable me with a drop spindle and some gorgeous fiber from Lisa Souza, but alas, to no avail. I love looking at it, but I am
trying really really hard not to be sucked into another addictive pursuit at the moment! :g: I'm sure it will happen one of these days, though. My husband has even threatened promised to make me a spinning wheel. Note: why are you all trying to get me hooked?! I know where this will end up.

Have a great weekend everyone! I'll be swatching. :)

Labels: ,

24 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would be more then happy to enable you with some beautiful fibers.

9:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That last picture is GORGEOUS! Love the colors.

10:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You might as well give up now, you know we spinners will get to you. Meantime, that yarn is gorgeous. Have a great time playing with it!

11:30 AM  
Blogger Marina said...

Really? I've never knitted with linen though I have a bunch around somewhere. Fabulous colours!

11:36 AM  
Blogger Cookie said...

Louet makes lace weight?! Oh my...

Gorgeous yarn and fiber.

How can you say no to a husband who will make you a wheel? That just seems mean. ;^)

11:37 AM  
Blogger lv2knit said...

I'm with you, Romi -- leave the spinning to others! I have too much goin on already. I love the idea, I love the wheels, I love the pretty spindles, but no way!! The colors ARE scrumptious, aren't they?

12:07 PM  
Blogger Tiny Tyrant said...

Romi honey.

Tell your husband if he absolutely needs to make a spinning wheel, I'll take it. :-)

That teal from Louet is just gorgeous. I want it.

1:14 PM  
Blogger Vivian said...

Lisa Souza's fibers are heavenly! I buy her yarn just so I can touch them :-)

1:54 PM  
Blogger Marianne said...

I don't spin either but you can fondle them as well can't you ;-) and admire the colors ?
The purple Rowan really is wonderful. Can't wait to see the new fall colors when they are in my LYS.

2:57 PM  
Blogger margaret in manhattan said...

hey Romi, how much for a pair of earrings in 18K?

just curious,

xx
mhv

4:43 PM  
Blogger ...Sarah said...

AH, to spin or not to spin. Me thinks the lady doth protest too much. I won't push you. Your husband is offering to build you a wheel??

Thank you for sharing some really beautiful fibres.

7:21 PM  
Blogger Lorraine said...

Rosemary- So far I have resisted spinning as well, but I understand the attraction.
In the meantime, it looks like you have lots to keep you amused.

5:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you should take your husband's offer and let him make a spinning wheel for you. What could be more beautiful, sitting in your studio?

Love the sheep. Very inventive idea.

8:53 AM  
Blogger NH Knitting Mama said...

That Louet laceweight looks like heaven. WOW!

9:05 AM  
Blogger Kat said...

Oooo color.... **swoons**

9:25 AM  
Blogger Sonja said...

Your husband will make you a spinning wheel!?

Darn, if only polygamy were legal:P

Your eye candy is just absolutely make-me-forget-it's-summer gorgeous!

2:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I could help you with the spinning......bwahahahah!!!!

Ba

6:44 PM  
Blogger Robin said...

I love the Rowan and the Misti Alpaca!

8:04 AM  
Blogger Shannon said...

Swooning over rowan over here. Can I have your hubby? Not really though, mine's fine :)

8:56 PM  
Blogger Soo said...

Spinning is sooooo tempting. But if I add another obsessive hobby to my life I fear it will fall apart!!

Thanks for the nice comments on my MS3 stoles (speaking of obsessions). I had such a good time making them. They'll look even better with the gorgeous swan pin!!!

2:38 AM  
Blogger Amanda said...

Seeing that my own pesonal stash is slightly low I can really appreciate the lovley yarn pictures. Now I must go buy some yarn!

4:54 AM  
Blogger Denise said...

Don't judge yet whether spinning is for you solely based on the drop spindle, Rosemary.

Wheel spinning and spindle spinning are completely different for me. I love spinning on my wheel but don't get quite the same sense of satisfaction from spindles.

6:46 AM  
Blogger Jean said...

Gorgeous pics! I share your spinning sentiment. It's totally tempting, but I'm trying to stay focused on knitting. Also, I fear the balloon effect I'm sure it would have on my stash.

4:28 PM  
Blogger vanessa said...

wow, those louet colors are gorgeous!

4:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home