10 August 2007

Unfinished Business

As Turtle kindly reminded me, I have unfinished business! In all of my rushing around, I neglected to tell you about the processing on that photo. And also, I didn't tell you who won. Oops!

Many of you were correct in that it is a Polaroid transfer (I love that process!) onto Arches watercolor paper! Polaroid transfers are lovely, but very muted, so I hand colored it to pop the colors. Two of you guessed Polaroid transfer (which is a different process from a plain Polaroid print) and color enhancement of some kind: Thursday and Sarah. I got a random number at random.org and Thursday was the winner! Congratulations Thursday! Please send me your address at romiATdesignsbyromiDOTcom and I will send off your pin! :) btw, those of you who would like an explanation of the process, just let me know in the comments and I will write about it!

Note to Susan: I am stuck in the 80s. I didn't even think about the Robert Palmer connection, but now that you mention it, I think I was channeling him. :g:

Now, I know I promised you all a feather yesterday, but there was something missing. I was not loving it. Then this morning, Denise from CT wrote and jogged my brain into functioning mode again. She asked about the possibility of a one piece pin with the stick portion incorporated into the pin, like a fibula pin. That was IT! That was exactly what the feather needed. So here it is, in sterling:

Sterling silver feather, one piece pin. Length 2.5 in.; width 1.25 in. - $42
Inspired by Melanie Gibbons' lovely Mystery Stole 3, Swan Lake.
Pre-order here.

and in copper.

Copper feather, one piece pin. Length 2.5 in.; width 1.25 in. - $30
Inspired by Melanie Gibbons' lovely Mystery Stole 3, Swan Lake.
Pre-order here.


It is a one piece pin (shown open), as you can see off the shawl.

And from the back (shown open again - it clips into the hook).


Allow two weeks for shipment of your order - a lot of people expressed interest!I am just charging a flat fee of $2.50 USPS first class shipping to US or Canada per order, regardless of how much you order. If you are interested in shipping any way other than USPS first class, please email me at romiATdesignsbyromiDOTcom. If you are in another country, please contact me and I will quote shipping! Thank you all for looking and thank you to all of you who have ordered swans! :)

Labels: , ,

15 Comments:

Blogger The A.D.D. Knitter said...

You are such an artist--I wish I were a shawl person:)

6:49 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

The feather pin would work well with Icarus too! :)

7:08 PM  
Blogger Turtle said...

Beautiful feather, hmmm.. I cannot decide which i like better! Feather or swan! You are so talented.

I need to look up how to do a polaroid transfer. That would be interesting. I have promised myself to start getting back in the darkroom this winter and playing more with photography again, been to many years!! Great technique! And congrats Thursday!

9:45 PM  
Blogger Jean said...

The feather is gorgeous! I love the construction. That's a really genious idea. Now I'm painfully torn between the swan and the feather. Going to need to give it a think.

9:17 AM  
Blogger Sereknitty said...

You clever soul, incorporating the stick into your 'one-piece' design! One less thing to lose ...

10:44 AM  
Blogger Denise/CT said...

It is beautiful. Thank you for considering this design. I of course need to go order it now, maybe two. I know it will soon become a favorite.
Denise/CT

11:07 AM  
Blogger thursday said...

*jumps up and down* yay!! I can't wait to see a pin in person finally!

Really want to do a polaroid transfer now...have all the material.. but I'm sure it wouldn't look as good as that perfume bottle does!

Wow - that feather pin is really cool, too. Love seeing all the new designs here. :)

11:26 AM  
Blogger NH Knitting Mama said...

Beautiful work! If I ever knit lace successfully, I will be coming with money in hand.

4:36 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

I just have to say - I went to Stitches Midwest today and saw a lot of shawl pins. Not ONE of them were as nice as yours. You've spoiled me for the rest of the world. Especially since the Icarus shawl is on the to-knit list, and m is totally right with her comment.

6:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, I was waaaaay off on my guess, but that's not surprising.

These are lovely new designs!! Wow!

6:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful feather, you have so much talent.

8:07 PM  
Blogger Lorraine said...

Rosemary- Just to tell you, I saw some of your pins at BWA at SMW.

(Speaking in code!)

5:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How pretty is that pin! Gorgeous.

7:15 AM  
Blogger Kimberly said...

Those are amazing. You are so talented.

10:46 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

Oh that is soooo pretty!

12:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home