07 May 2007

That was close

First, thank you all for the incredibly kind comments on my painting! You all made me feel great. :)

On to my Close Call.

You may recall that I decided on the copper yarn for my Campanula and swatched it. You know what's coming, right? It was discontinued! Not just the color, mind you, but the yarn, too: Baby Georgia from Crystal Palace. But as Marina said, it's good to like colors in the orange range because, not only do they end up in the sale bin, but when yarn is discontinued and everyone else buys the purple, lilac, cream and pink, you can grab...


...the last 8 hanks of the copper! Woooooo! Hooooooooo!

And now I just need to find time to make it. Heh. This weekend would have been a good time (I actually got to relax and play!) except that I spent a lot of my knitting time doing geeky charty things with lace. I had a blast. I found this font from XRX (thank you David Xenakis, for including Macs!) and played with it. Knitting. Charts. Lace. Fonts. Spreadsheets. What could be better?!

And an update to the Situation: all is well. Really. Dr. Destructo wants you all to know that he still lives here and we still love him. But, as Alison and I discussed, we have this little saying in common: "It's a good thing you're so cute!" The cut yarn was removed from the cone, the ends put back together fairly well (if I do say so myself!) and the sample in question was completed and sent off. One of these days, you will even see it! Whew.

Labels: , ,

14 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's great that everything worked out okay with the yarn disaster!

1:41 PM  
Blogger annmarie said...

The coppery color is gorgeous - so much subtle play of shades going on there! And the yarn itself looks like it'll be lovely to work with.

2:40 PM  
Blogger Jean said...

Yessss! Snatching up a big pile o' discontinued yarn is so gratifying. Congrats on the score.

We have a similar saying in my house: "Thank God you're pretty."

2:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The copper yarn looks great. Is it just the photo or does it have gentle color gradation, sort of a hand dyed look?

3:02 PM  
Blogger Alison said...

Hi there- I hopped over here from a comment you left on Jean's blog...
Anyway, congrats on the yarn find, I think that's a pretty cool color!
Happy knitting,
ali

4:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Woah, how great! That's the good thing with orange indeed ;) Congrats on this score!

2:15 AM  
Blogger vanessa said...

nice save on both yarns!

4:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you lucked out on the copper yarn!!!

5:28 AM  
Blogger Lorraine said...

That was a score!

Dontcha just love it?

6:15 AM  
Blogger The A.D.D. Knitter said...

Wow, so glad you snatched up that copper yarn in time, that was a close call...

12:45 PM  
Blogger N. Maria said...

Orange is a good thing. :)
I'll have to check out the fonts. Always looking for THE one that will work for ME.

8:27 PM  
Blogger Sereknitty said...

Bonus! The Scottish in me is doing the Highland Fling (on your behalf)over your phenomenal score.

10:30 PM  
Blogger The Sexy Knitter said...

See, now, aren't you glad you went with the copper? It looks lovely! Can't wait to see the WIP shots!

5:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful yarn color - would you mind sharing the colorway name / number?

I'm trying to find out info online, but can't tell which color that baby geor-geous is.

I'm very excited for you though!

9:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home