02 May 2007

Is it Wednesday already?!

Have I mentioned how much I love my GoKnit pouch from Scout? It is so awesome! Here it is in a semi-action shot:

Beside it is my Peacock Feathers shawl which I have worked mindlessly on over the past day or so (and had the tinking and correcting associated with mindlessness, thankyewverymuch).

It looks like it did the last time I showed it: a limp pile of yarn. But some day it will make the amazing transformation of blocked lace! Susan has gotten word that her Peacock Feathers yarn is coming (woohooooooo) so I'm crossing appendages for her. :) Then she will proceed to knit the whole shawl in a few seconds flat. I'd better get going on it, eh?!

Here's the copper swatch for Campanula. I'm loving it!

Here's the green for Sitcom Chic.

I love the yarn, but I think it needs to be knit a little looser. It is still curling after blocking. (Yes, I am very anal about washing and blocking my swatches - it comes from many poorly fitting garments!)

I don't have enough copper colored yarn, so I will have to pick some up on Saturday. Meanwhile, I may just knit mindlessly away on Peacock Feathers.

Has anyone seen a brain running down the street? It may be mine. If you can catch it, please let me know.

Labels: , ,

13 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the the green. And the copper. And the pouch. :-)

8:36 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

That Campanula is lovely and I think the copper is perfect. Swatches are so much fun! I just got a similar pouch and love it.

8:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, pretty green! I grabbed some purpley-blue Cotton Ease from my OLD job (heh) that is destined to become a Sitcom...as soon as I can find all the needles I need for it...

3:35 AM  
Blogger Lorraine said...

The pouch is great, and probably hard to lose, being neon pink.

I admire you- I can't knit even the simplest lace mindlessly. And that's not exactly a beginner pattern.

I will say, Dorothy Siemen's patterns are truly wonderful.

4:48 AM  
Blogger Sereknitty said...

Oo-o-o that copper is definitely the perfect colour for the Campanula ... love it! The blue colour of the shawl is simply divine. I can hardly wait to see it blocked.
I admire your discipline in swatching/washing/blocking ... I would definitely benefit from being a little less lazy :)

8:08 AM  
Blogger Becka said...

Girl, I LOVE that copper colorway! It's GORGEOUS!!

8:15 AM  
Blogger Becka said...

OOPS, I hit enter before I intended...duh me, LOL! I must get a go pouch or 2! I am (as the world knows, lol!) vintage yarn holders, but Go Pouches would be perfect for just that....Knitting on the Go! How perfect! You, my dear...are an enabler, LOL!

8:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love that copper yarn. Yummy!

A tweedy Sitcom Chic is a great idea, a nice take on that pattern.

8:29 AM  
Blogger Dr. Steph said...

Funny, I was thinking I need one of those go-knit pouches today on the subway as my ball of sock yarn lept from my messenger bag onto the floor of the crowded car.

Love the sitcom yarn.

10:50 AM  
Blogger Faith said...

You call the peacock shawl "mindless knitting?"! What a bad ass! I'm impressed!

7:45 PM  
Blogger Melanie said...

That copper swatch is lurvely! The yarn and colour are perfect for that lace pattern.

8:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are so good with the swatches! They are both pretty - What is that green (and blue/pink/purple/yellow) yarn? I think it will make a great Sitcom Chic and the copper is perfect for Campanula.
Can't wait to see that Peacock Feathers in all it's glory!

4:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Actually, I just had a little lonely brain coming over to me asking for a home - but it was mine ;) Will let you know if another one comes along ;)
You've got some real beauty there on your needles, all these colors and textures made my day, really! What a gorgeous green - and your lace rocks big time!

10:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home