19 November 2012

monday's musing

"Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending." - Maria Robinson

This is for my elder son and for everyone else who thinks that - just because they screwed something up - there's no way to make it better.


Because everyone has the power to change their life for the better.


Happy Monday! I disappeared last week to take care of my little Bear. I was horribly worried about him after last weekend's swim meet. A younger team mate was diagnosed with viral pneumonia, and I said to Mr. Romi "I'm so glad we're past that scary age when every illness seems so very serious." That evening, Bear's cough got worse and worse (he had had a mild cold the week before) and all I could think was that I had tempted fate by saying what I had. Coughing and fever took on greater serious proportions, and Mr. Romi and I took turns staying up with our little one and making sure the fever didn't get out of hand those first two nights. After Bear had been on his antibiotics a couple of days, he started getting better and better. What a relief. But he won't be going to the next JOs (Junior Olympics) as we had planned. He's still not allowed back in the pool. At least it wasn't viral pneumonia; bronchitis was the diagnosis. We breathed a collective sigh of relief when he began acting himself again.


This week I'm looking forward to cooking a big Thanksgiving dinner in our new house - and so is Bear, my little foodie. The menu: turkey with cornbread and chestnut stuffing, cranberry sauce (my current favorite thing to make because I love watching their skins pop off!), yams, wild rice dressing with mushrooms, mesclun/pear/pecan salad with blue cheese crumbles and citrus vinaigrette, and some apple goo for dessert. We have so much to be thankful for this year, and I will start early; thank you all so much for reading my blog, commenting, writing to me, knitting my patterns, and wearing my pins. You are so very much appreciated.

Have a fantastic week!

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger gemma said...

hugs Romi, being a mum is a scary thing sometimes. ps, we love your patterns and pins too!

9:10 PM  
Anonymous Candace said...

Because of your patterns, I can create and I am so thankful to you for that. I've always been a firm believer that when one door closes, another opens and I've tried to encourage my kids (and grandchildren) to eagerly seek out the open door.

6:24 AM  
Anonymous Mimi seyferth said...

Thank you for enriching our knitting lives with your amazing designs, wonderful classes, and gorgeous pins.

Glad your son is on the mend.

I make a wild rice/mushroom casserole every Thanksgiving. Your Thanksgiving menu sounds delicious!

9:28 AM  
Blogger Judy (Nanajudy) said...

Happy Thanksgiving and so happy you are enjoying it in your new home. Thank you for all that you do.
Nanajudy ♥

3:42 PM  
Blogger Monika said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!

5:32 AM  
Blogger Romi said...

Thank you all so much! Happy Thanksgiving!!! <3

4:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home