17 December 2010

Mmmmmmmmm

7 Small Shawls: T - 15 days and counting down.

Can I just tell you that this yarn is the most absolutely sumptuous, decadent, deliciously red and soft material ever known to human kind?
Wow. Forbidden City is an incredibly fitting name, isn't it?
It's like a wonderful book that you don't want to put down, but you also don't want to finish. Except that it's better because, last time I checked, books were decidedly not soft.

Between bouts of stroking intervals of knitting, I've been trying to decide on another color combination for the small size of Madame X (did you guess her name yet?!).

There's contrasty.
And not so contrasty.
I have a bag of thirteen 50 gram skeins of Koigu won earlier this year at the San Francisco Ravelry meet-up, and I've been playing with color combinations. I favor the speckled yarn for the lace section. Someone else favors it, as well. Notice that she went for the green? A gal after my own heart. :)
I do love my green.
And a more intimate view of yarniness.
I feel like a voyeur.

It's so difficult to decide! But I think it's got to be something other than green this time. I mean, really. How much green can one person knit?

Don't answer that.

Labels:

8 Comments:

Blogger Lost City Denise said...

Gorgeous!

How much green can one person knit?

Never enough!

1:18 AM  
Anonymous Jolene (JoboDesigns on Ravelry) said...

Such Beautiful Yarns!! how do you ever choose what to knit with? I'd be curled up in a ball, rolling in the pile! the lace sample looks wonderful too. You really are the Lady of the "Lace" :) Seasons Greetings!

7:09 AM  
Anonymous Laurie (Moo!) said...

You can never be too rich...or have too much green!

8:22 AM  
Blogger Monika said...

I have a lot of Koigu, just waiting for the right pattern to come along. :o)
The Red is coming along nicely.

11:08 AM  
Blogger MaryjoO said...

love the red!!

1:48 PM  
Blogger Turtle said...

gorgeous! Green is the best of all the rainbow has to offer! Was out camping last night and we had a large wind/rain storm... so green this morning! (now they call for snow tonight)

10:09 PM  
Blogger Donna Wynn (Yogiknitgirl) said...

Beautiful
Gorgeous
Inspiring
Love it
Can't wait
You are so talented!!

3:39 AM  
Blogger Laurie said...

OMG...love the red!!!

8:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home