30 December 2010

Getting it together

7 Small Shawls: T - 47 hours and counting down.

I tried. I really did. Even after the rabbit chewed up my swatch along with my needles. I tried to love the Malabrigo, so gorgeous in the skein. And really not too bad in the swatch either.
But I just could not feel the love when I began knitting the whole shawl, no matter how hard I tried. And after I ripped the thing out about 15 times, I finally admitted it.

And then? It was Bugga! to the rescue! This lovely skein of Adonis Butterfly was just the thing for me.
It's my very first skein of Bugga. And it is difficult for any product to live up to its hype, but I have to say...I love the stuff!
It's a beautiful clear color, and it's soft without losing its bounciness. The verdict: YUM.

This last shawl is knit side to side and it's been a nice relaxing knit for me, especially after the bunny episode. I keep thinking of it as shawl #5, since that's what it would have been before it went into time out, but now it's #7, the very last sister in the eBook! It has a lace cable running along the bottom and some nice texture up top. I really like the way it's coming together. And now? Off to bed with me!

Labels:

8 Comments:

Blogger Monika said...

You work really well under pressure, because in my opinion, the last three shawls are the best of them all, they are my favorites!

4:54 AM  
Blogger Jeanne said...

Welcome Sister #7! Romi, she's lovely, of course, but, for some reason, I'm crying...LOL

You will achieve your goal for 2010 (not that any of us doubted, or would have cared if you hadn't) and I love the final shawl, but I will so miss this adventure! xoxox

5:58 AM  
Blogger krayolakris said...

Exciting!! I've tried to love Malabrigo sock for shawls too, but its just too limp. Looking forward to having a pattern to use my cherished Bugga.

6:08 AM  
Blogger pearl said...

oh! it's gorgeous - as usual! and the color is so pretty. love!

6:49 AM  
Blogger Farm Groupie said...

Beautiful color! I can't wait to see the finished shawl. Sorry about the bunny's unfortunate appetite.

8:20 AM  
Blogger mokkakissa said...

This is getting interesting... I hope the rabbit is in a cage or in some other kind of prison.

8:24 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Perhaps it's the fact that Mal Lace is a single whereas the Bugga is a 2-ply. That's about the only difference I can tell from the pictures. Otherwise, they both look delicious.

Happy new year!

8:53 AM  
Blogger Kath said...

That swatch is darn pretty on its own but perhaps the Bugga shows off the stitch patterns better? I've a pet peeve about having nice stitches lost in a colorway that was too busy or strong - so maybe that's just me! Lovely work that I can see!

9:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home