23 November 2010

In which Chez Romi is adopted

...and the bunny runs away with the yarn.

7 Small Shawls: T - 38 days and counting down.

Last Friday night there came a pitiful mewing at the window. I thought it was a neighbor's cat in heat, so I really didn't pay attention. But then it continued through dinner and well after dinner. And finally, unable to help myself any longer, I opened the front door. There, I met the new mistress of the house, all six and a half pounds of her. She was hungry and thirsty, but I didn't want to let her in because I was afraid she might give the house rabbit (more on her) something. I ran into the house and came back out with some water and roast beef cut into small pieces. I had been afraid she might have despaired of me and started to wander off to find another easy mark person to feed her and love her, but no! She was waiting patiently. We were all smitten, so Mr. Romi and I decided that, if she was still with us on Monday, we would take her to the vet and get her checked out.

Well.
She was still here.
And she had quite taken over all of our hearts.
And Mr. Romi's shop.
So Monday I called around and asked if any kitties of her description had been reported missing (no!), and then I took her to the vet: no microchip, no viruses, a slight case of ear mites (now cured), no pregnancy. Yay! We have now been officially adopted. I think her name is Musetta, but the boys differ. Mr. Romi wants to call her Friday, #1 Son wants to call her KittyKitty; only the Bear agrees with me (or is good at sucking up; one or the other). She is the absolute sweetest, purr-iest little thing. We had just been talking about our old kitty Emma the weekend before. She was the best kitty ever in the entire world, and when you are lucky enough to be owned by the best kitty in the entire world, you feel that you should just quit while you're ahead. We're pretty sure Emma was listening in to our conversation, disagreed, and sent Musetta.

Sadly, other animals in the house were not so wonderful. Rabbits: another good reason to have interchangeable needles.
And yes. She chewed what was on those needles too. You can just see the little bits of Timothy hay in the Malabrigo.
:sob:

By coincidence, I was swatching the same pattern in another yarn (Jamaica Farewell from Royale Hare) and had just decided that I liked the Malabrigo better.
:sigh:

But! There was more goodness! I got an iPhone. Yes! I have joined the 21st Century (well, almost). After waiting and waiting and waiting to upgrade from my POS old phone, I finally made it to November 20th and we all piled in the car and headed down to the AT&T store to get my iPhone! It's fabulous. And there are kitteh pics on it. :)
I love it!

Labels: , , ,

21 Comments:

Blogger Diane said...

Congrats on the wonderful new kitty and also on the wonderful new iPhone. I love mine WAY more than is healthy!

8:54 PM  
Blogger Brenda said...

Yay for being adopted! Miss Musette Friday KittyKitty sounds and looks adorable (and is a very lucky - and smart - girl). :)

8:56 PM  
Blogger sophanne said...

...from Royal HARE!!!

Clearly house bunny couldn't nibble her own royalty...bwah ha ha !!

9:06 PM  
Blogger mokkakissa said...

My goodness! I didnĀ“t know that happened in real life. She might be an angel or something... fairy? garden gnome? Cats are amazing. I just have a litter that is 5 weeks today and last saturday they learned to use the sand box... so funny, so small.

9:41 PM  
Blogger norabrown said...

Darn rabbits chew through everything. Even electrical cords. So beware.

Your kitty is so pretty and nothing is more relaxing than a warm kitty body and listening to purring while knitting.

4:40 AM  
Blogger Anita Figueras said...

Thank goodness for splicing. Even bunny chewed yarn can be reclaimed. Spit splice? Russian join? Something different?

Musette is beautiful. Lucky her, lucky Hill family. (I will call her that because 2-1-1 means you are in the lead in the name bestowing process - though Friday has its charms. "Friday's child is loving and giving".)

I lurves my iPhone4 even more than the 3G that preceded it. Get yourself a pdf reader and you can even have knitting charts on it!

4:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cute post!

5:51 AM  
Blogger teanotea said...

I'm sure the new mistress of the house will tell you her name in due time, and still answer to Kittykitty just the same. She's adorable. I'm a sucker for mackerel tabbies.

Who am I kidding? I'm a sucker for cats in general and currently the roommate and I are co-owned by four of them, one of whom took two weeks to tell us his name was Dust Bunny.

6:09 AM  
Blogger CraftNinja said...

Oh, the new kitty is so gorgeous! I would love to have a cat, but I'm terribly allergic (to both cats and rabbits as it happens) so I'm strictly a dog person for now. But I can admire from afar! She looks so sweet and I think Musette is a wonderful name.

6:24 AM  
Blogger JelliDonut said...

What a sweetie! Don't forget to get her "fixed." And yeah for your new iPhone! As for the bunny, it's pretty clear which swatch she liked better.

8:21 AM  
Blogger Romi said...

You bet! She's already got a fixing appointment next week. It was the soonest I could get her done!

10:51 AM  
Blogger Tiny Tyrant said...

WELCOME Musetta! She's gorgeous.

The ones that adopt you are the bestest of the best.

Lots of scritches to her.

Lots of sympathy towards your knitting. Cliff the Mutt found out early what happens when you try to eat Mommy's needlework (cross stitch at the time).

11:36 AM  
Blogger Zardra said...

What a pretty kitty. Congrats on being adopted. :)

12:02 PM  
Blogger kaykatrn said...

Congrats on being adopted by the kitteh!! She sounds like a wonderful addition to the family.

12:06 PM  
Blogger DragonsChest said...

Aw, the new kitty looks adorable. I'm sure she knew she was picking a wonderful place for a fur-ever home. Thank you for giving it to her. :)

12:26 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

She's beautiful! Lovely colouring and does look like she has a sweet temperment. I, too, lost the best kitty this year. We never replace them, but can find someone else to love in a different way. Enjoy your new family member. (I visited Portland last weekend and loved the billboard campaign - End Petlessness!) You're fitting right in.

8:30 PM  
Blogger Donna said...

Musetta is adorable; she looks like a cousin to our cat (in other words, cute as a button) http://www.flickr.com/photos/donnatakespictures/377051487/in/photostream/

4:06 AM  
Blogger Monika said...

What a beautiful cat! Congrats on the iphone.

4:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Didn't you realize your home was chosen by Musetta? The family decision to adopt her was merely a formality. She's lovely. Thanksgiving? You bet!

2:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Didn't you realize your home was chosen by Musetta? The family decision to adopt her was merely a formality. She's lovely. Thanksgiving? You bet!

2:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If something is within reach of the bunneh, It shall belong to the bunneh.

9:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home