24 July 2010

Small town

7 Small Shawls: T - 163 days and counting down.

Remember my mail carrier? The one who insisted on loaning me her spinning wheel because she thought I needed to learn to spin? And then found me a little spinning wheel at a garage sale? Today, she brought over a giant basket full of basil, beets, lettuce and onions. Look at this!
So we had fresh pesto this evening. zOMG it was good. I love living in a small town. :)

In other news, I went to my knitting group this morning and began my Maia fingerless mitts in earnest. Twice. Knitting group is not conducive to concentration. Heh. But today I managed to get this far.
They are top down mitts, because the pattern really needs to be around the wrist and it also needs to point down, just like the shawl. This is the first pair of top down mitts I've designed and I'm having fun with them, especially dreaming up the thumb. You'll see!

I also wanted to share my little trick on keeping my dpn knitting ladder-free. I never leave the same exact stitches on the needle. I always work one or two from the next needle.
It works amazingly well!

Onward. :)

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger JelliDonut said...

What a great mail carrier you have!

9:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know my mail carrier. I wish I live in a place that I do though... sometimes.

9:30 PM  
Blogger carolknits said...

Those of us who took your concentration away from your knitting at knit group apologize! It was one of those days!

9:21 AM  
Blogger Yarnhog said...

That yarn is gorgeous! I'm sure you introduced it in an earlier post, but I must have missed it. What is it?

11:43 AM  
Blogger snowangel said...

My neighbor brings me care packages of food (and I reciprocate), but I'll have to drop a hint about a spinning wheel!

I, too, am curious about the yarn. Details, please!

2:08 PM  
Anonymous Ann said...

Lovely yarn for those mittens. What cast on did you use for the mitten cuff?

4:05 AM  
Blogger Laurie said...

Can I borrow your mail carrier? LOL! And I love and will use your idea for avoiding those dreaded ladders. :-)

8:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home