03 February 2010

400 yards of yum

It may seem mundane to those of you who have been petting mink and quiviut yarn lately, when I admit to you that I still fondle such run-of-the-mill fibers as cashmere/silk blends. But I do. And I have a lovely skein from Jade Sapphire. One 400 yard skein of cashmere/silk laceweight.

At TNNA, I met Mr. JadeSapphire and, since it was a fairly slow day, he gave me the whole talk on their operation. Amazing! According to him, several Italian mills have been relocated, including their Italian workers, to Mongolia. Can you imagine? This has helped to make many yarns spun in Mongolia some of the highest quality you can find today.

But back to my one skein. It has been marinating in stash for quite some time, and my talk with Mr. JadeSapphire reminded me of it. It has been calling to me ever since. It needs to be a shawlette, I think, and since designing this one, which is now being test knitted, I want to do another; they're like candy! And since I can't show you my secret knitting, I hope you'll be mollified with my cashmere/silk. We'll be spending some quality time together. :)

By the way, Valentine's Day is fast approaching (can you believe it's already February?!) and I have some mighty pretty hearts.

Just sayin'. :)

Have a great one!

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Zardra said...

Isn't it nice stuff? I bought a skein of it in Silver Fern at the Mendocino Yarn Store a few years ago. Of course, every shawl I found that I wanted to knit with it called for more than one skein. (Thankfully, the yarn store had another and kindly sent it on to me.) So, it's currently, slowly, making it's way into being a Miss Lambert's Shetland Pattern for a Shawl from Victorian Lace. I may get back to it once I finish with the test knit. :)

8:39 PM  
Blogger Sonja said...

I wouldn't call cashmere/silk 'run-of-the-mill' :) That's luxury fibre in my books! Enjoy it.

11:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home