13 January 2009

Catching up

First of all, a big giant thank you to everyone for everything: voting on the CPSIA, advising me on my color dilemma, and helping me out with what techniques you'd like to learn from my book! Y'all rock. Big time!

So I've got some updates. First of all, the CPSIA issue is number 5 at change.org. That means it will probably be one of the ten issues presented to Obama when he is sworn into office. This is excellent news! Those of you who haven't already, please read up on this misbegotten piece of legislation! It will affect people with kids and small businesses having to do with kids' products most of all, but it would also be a huge all-around hit to the economy.

Second, the color dilemma. Ok. So I tried the grey top: too bland for my flamboyant friend. Red top: too much for me. So that took me back to the red stripes.

Which I think ended up looking great!

My friend loved it! Here it is modeled on my high tech blocking device: an upside down Rubbermaid container. :)

Pattern: Toque, Yo! short version (purchase here on Ravelry or for those who do not Ravel: purchase here).
By: Rosemary Hill
Yarn: Rauma Finnulgarn - this is a little heavier than Shetland jumperweight
--------------------------------------------------------
I think I have a handle on what to do for the demo now, thank you!! Plus I will have the projects from my book! So plenty of stuff to fondle and try on. :) The demo is Saturday at 11 for anyone who will be at TNNA. And there's also a meet and greet at the Interweave booth at 2 and I'll be there. Please stop by and say hello!

In other news, I've been spinning again. I finally stopped doing penance with merino and am spinning some mystery wool I picked up at Knitterly. It was yummy to pull apart.

And even yummier to spin. I love the color. It is soooooooo amazing in person.

I admit: I have a (perhaps unreasonable) dislike for merino.

Now I need to get all my loose ends tied up before I go down to San Diego! I won't be down there for long, though. I'm coming back to San Francisco Sunday to see #1 Son swim in his first zone 3 championship meet. I'm excited for him. To put it mildly. :)

On another note, please keep Alison in your thoughts, prayers and/or anything else you do. She's having a tough go right now, but things are starting to look up!

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger NH Knitting Mama said...

Nice post! I know, Obama will have a lot of issues that people will expect him to work on immediately. I hope people are reasonable with how quickly the poor man will be able to do things!

3:11 AM  
Blogger Lorraine said...

Rosemary- Did you say you dislike Merino?

I will say a prayer for Alison.

2:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Classic color combo - and happens to be my alma mater's colors, too.

7:17 PM  
Blogger Jamie/Moira said...

How well do you think your hat pattern could be adapted for felting?

I love the pattern and plan to get a copy for a few hats, but I am thinking it would make for a fantastic felted hat as well.

Jamie

8:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home