20 January 2008

Monday's Musing

For this Monday there's really only one person I could quote: Martin Luther King, Jr.

"Now, I say to you today my friends, even though we face the difficulties of today and tomorrow, I still have a dream. It is a dream deeply rooted in the American dream. I have a dream that one day this nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: - 'We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal.' - Martin Luther King, Jr.
Speech at Civil Rights March on Washington, August 28, 1963


btw, y'all (I can say y'all because I have about a bazillion cousins in the South that I just found - woo!) my life really is fairly humdrum, and it took me a long time to figure out those 10 things that I thought others might not have done! Now this person, whose blog I saw on Yarn-a-GoGo is truly living an amazing life. Wow. Go! Check out her blog. There are some absolutely incredible stories there.

Have a great week!

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Yarnhog said...

I was reading with a second grader last week for the kids' biography unit. She is African-American and had picked MLK Jr. While we were reading the book, I had to explain the words slavery, segregation, and lynching. Seeing her expression was a truly sobering experience. Halfway through the book, she crawled into my lap. I've never been so relieved to hear the recess bell.

10:06 AM  
Blogger ...Sarah said...

I thought of many things to write in response, but can only say that he was a man who could have made me believe anything was possible. I am so glad that he is an influential figure still.

6:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I knew you wouldn't disappoint with today's musing. Great quote!

5:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home