18 January 2008

Meme, meme, who's got a meme?

Update on earrings and pendants: As of this evening I have 5 sterling silver ball of yarn pendants and 10 pairs of earrings left! Get yours here!
----------------------------------------
I saw a fun meme over on Fiber Dancer's blog. She listed ten things she has done that others probably haven't, along with the list that got her started. So here I go with my ten things (these were difficult!) and then I think I will officially tag 5 people. :)

1. Worked as part of the live sound crew for a televised democratic presidential debate.

2. Chatted over coffee with Sharon Stone about motherhood, and let her hold my baby (who is now 8) after warning her that he would probably throw up all over her camel coat (he didn't - probably because he was smitten).

3. Toured with Wynton Marsalis (who was soloist) as part of the Eastman Wind Ensemble.

4. Played in Carnegie-Hall, Davies Symphony Hall, and Boston Symphony Hall, among others.

5. Had patterns on the cover of Knitty two times.

6. Went dancing at the Tonga Room in my wedding dress (right after the reception).

7. Stayed in the Presidential Suite at the Ritz Carlton in San Francisco.

8. Did six illustrations that were etched onto bottles of fine wine for a Napa Valley Wine Auction lot.

9. Performed as assistant sound engineer on a jazz recording.

10. Piloted the USS Potomac around San Francisco Bay.

I tag Robin, Steph, Connie, Terri and Maud. Name ten things you have done that others probably have not, and then tag five people, leaving a comment on their blogs to read the instructions on yours. Have fun!

In other news, Punkin has honored me with an award, and I am very touched! Thank you, Punkin!! :)

I am now to pass it on to 10 other bloggers, according to the instructions: "Give the award to 10 people whose blogs bring you happiness and inspiration and make you feel happy about blogland. Let them know by posting a comment on their blog so they can pass it on. Beware you may get the award several times." And in no particular order:

1. The Rainey Sisters
2. A Friend to Knit With
3. yarn spinner
4. Yarnhog
5. Cozy's Place
6. The Shetland Trader
7. Zeneedle
8. Knitting along the River
9. Glassnut
10. Mimknits

And of course Punkin, but it would be weird to turn right around and give it back, don'tcha think? :) That list was even more difficult than the meme! I tried not to name the same people both places, but really? You all totally rock! I love the blogs I read! There were so many more I wanted to add.

Have a great weekend everyone!

Labels: ,

21 Comments:

Blogger Yarnhog said...

Well, I am terribly touched! Thank you for the award, and for letting me know that you enjoy my blog. Sniffle.

10:28 PM  
Blogger Robin said...

Wow, I love your list! You truly have done some amazing things. Let me see what I can come up with for mine!

4:27 AM  
Blogger margene said...

Thank you so much. Look at all you have accomplished in your life. My only claim to fame is having a needlepoint Christmas stocking on the White House Christmas Tree. ;-)

5:23 AM  
Blogger NH Knitting Mama said...

Wow, your 10 facts are cool!

6:04 AM  
Blogger annmarie said...

I'm very flattered and touched, Rosemary to know that you read and enjoy my blog! :)

6:59 AM  
Blogger annmarie said...

You've done some pretty creative and interesting things along the way! And some of them sound like incredible fun! :)

7:04 AM  
Blogger Gudrun Johnston said...

Well thank you so much....!...yes quite an impressive list too!

7:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, have I led a boring humdrum life--go Rosemary! Wow!

11:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awww, thank you! You know you make my day too (I love Monday musings).

And wow to your list--toured with Wynton? WOW. Amazing stuff you've done (and I've done none of those things!).

11:45 AM  
Blogger Sheila E said...

Thanks so much! I am Very Pleased to have been included in this lovely list of blogs! It made my Day ;)

3:18 PM  
Blogger theminx said...

Wow. I've done nothing in my life compared to you! LOL

4:52 PM  
Blogger 5penny said...

Ditto on the amazing things done. I love me a unique list and girl, is yours ever unique!

6:38 AM  
Blogger Jean said...

Wow! That is a remarkable list. Very cool things you've done. Thank you for sharing. I enjoyed it immensely.

8:50 AM  
Blogger AuntieAnn said...

Wow, that is really some list! You go, woman!

4:58 PM  
Blogger a friend to knit with said...

you are just the sweetest. thank you so so much.
your list has some incredible things on it. such a fabulous life! :)
your blog is full of happiness and inspiration too....and it is always a pleasure to stop by!

5:47 PM  
Blogger ...Sarah said...

Wow I am glad I wasn't tagged for this one, as I am quite sure I have never done anything as interesting. I had no idea you were into music. Do you play or sing? That is a cool list!

6:28 PM  
Blogger Vivian said...

What an incredible list! You might have to elaborate on most items to satisfy your readers' curiosity.

10:17 PM  
Blogger Susan said...

Lucky girl to have done all that much!

8:55 AM  
Blogger Bea said...

Wow, you have an incredible list! I'm honored just to "know" you :D

7:54 AM  
Blogger claudia said...

That is some list.

1:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so jealous...
Touring w/ Wynton Marsalis means you got to hear him play... a lot!
ahhhhhh

4:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home