15 January 2008

Look! Real Knitting Content!

Can you believe it? Real live knitting right here on this very blog!

But first, a message from our sponsor! ;) My sterling ball of yarn earrings are back in stock! I have filled the back orders and I have more pairs! See? I can actually be productive! This is what they look like:

They have been featured in Vogue Knitting, Knitty and UK's Knitting, and people have said some very nice things about them.

But wait! There's more! ;) So many people have asked about a pendant, that I actually listened to y'all and here it is!

You can purchase them both on this page. My site is in serious need of upgrade, so while I am working on that, I hope you will bear with me. The page is called "pre-order" but everything is in stock! Woo!

On to knitting! This sweater is actually an older FO that I hated and never wore because it was just too cropped for me.

It started life as a chunky cropped cardigan without buttons (because I wanted to pin it closed!). I don't even remember what pattern I used now (it wasn't Lara though) because I altered it so much. I started on the back and knit over the shoulders, increasing for the sleeves and then I knitted the sides together. It was knit by the seat of the pants, because, believe me, the entire construction was changed and I was experimenting as I went along. But I wore it only once. So yesterday I knitted the bottom together. Hee. I'm still not sure I like it, but I'm more likely to wear it this way. What do you think? It's out of black Rowan Fuzzy Felt from Elann.com.

I like the texture.

And it actually looks halfway decent on me.

Onward to more knitting. Can you believe it?! This is a project using Lisa Souza's mohair in Ruby.

When I got it, it looked very different from what I was expecting (all monitors are different, and mine showed another red). It was so different, in fact, that I had to put it aside and forget what I thought it would be. And then, after Santa gave me Lace Style, I was looking at the cover sweater and thinking it was nice, but not quite what I had in mind. I couldn't figure out what I wanted to change. And then it hit me! It had to be in red mohair. When I pulled the mohair out, it was absolutely perfect! It is a stunning color. Probably better on me than the color I thought it would be. That Lisa is a sneaky one! You know, when I call her asking about a color she tells me whether she thinks it will look good with my coloring? Now that's what I call customer service! :)

So here's the back. It's going super fast on US 11 needles.

I think I'm going to change the collar. It wants to be bigger for this yarn.

In other news, I have a little fun stealth knitting going on. And I'm trying to catch up on everything!

See you soon!

Labels: , , ,

22 Comments:

Blogger Beverly said...

I love the sweater with the bottom sewn together--it's so stylish!

4:45 AM  
Blogger CatonsvilleCats said...

Warning: pattern errata exist, visit Interweave. It's not a big deal, you would notice it anyway, but on the front pieces above the armhole it tells you to decrease along both edges but you KNOW it only means the armhole edge.

5:10 AM  
Blogger Jen in FL said...

Ooh, that lace mohair sweater is pretty! I can't wait to see it finished. :-)

5:19 AM  
Blogger Bridget said...

I LOVE my yarn ball earrings! (Of course, now I will have to buy a pendant - oh payday, please come soon ...)

I especially like that mohair yarn, it's a great color.

6:17 AM  
Blogger Yarnhog said...

That's funny--I want to do that one in red alpaca (my favorite fiber). And I also want a wider collar.

7:59 AM  
Blogger Tiny Tyrant said...

You're killing me Rosemary.

I totally want that pendant.

Now to circumvent the hubby. :-)

8:30 AM  
Blogger theminx said...

I think the sweater looks good with the bottom sewn together - should have posted a pic of yourself in it though. :)

8:41 AM  
Blogger The Sexy Knitter said...

I adore that black sweater! I saw the pic & started desperately searching your post for a pattern link!!! Gorgeous, dahling!

10:19 AM  
Blogger Joanne said...

Wow, look at all that gorgeous productivity! I can only dream...and envy that black sweater. It must look great on you, it looks great on my monitor, let me tell you! The mohair lace is also a winner. You lucky person who has hit her deadlines, you!

12:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are so amazing -- I can't believe I haven't looked through your catalog of goodies before. Could I be more impressed? I think not.

BTW, Over the Rainbow by IZ? The very first song I downloaded from iTunes! I love that song -- beauty, happiness, sadness, hope, peace, love -- all in one. I first heard it while testing out an iPod, and just stood there and listened to it 3 times in a row, and then asked if the song came pre-loaded on the iPod itself. (Obviously, no.)

4:51 PM  
Blogger Bea said...

Whoo hoo, knitting content! And it definitely doesn't disappoint :) I LOVE the yarn ball earrings, can you say "birthday present" :D

7:02 PM  
Blogger Erin said...

Your earrings and pendant are gorgeous! Nice work.

9:08 PM  
Blogger The A.D.D. Knitter said...

Love that fuzzy Rowan!

8:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oooh, I have been wanting a pair of nice earrings. I am sooo very tempted. And now the little pendant to go with it too. I must have them both!

11:44 AM  
Blogger NH Knitting Mama said...

Your jewelry is beautiful! I remember seeing those before, and it's no wonder that they are good sellers for you.

7:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like what you did with the sweater. And I love working with Lisa's kid mohair--it's some of the softest around.

11:17 PM  
Blogger Marianne said...

Your Rowan sweater looks good this way ! The lace mohair sweater is going to be georgeous, it's such a pretty color !

12:07 AM  
Blogger June said...

Romi, you inspire with your lace knitting,I only wish I had more time in the day! The adjustment to your cropped cardi is ingenious - really clever girl!

4:51 AM  
Blogger Lorraine said...

Rosemary- Busy busy, aren't you?

You should model the sweater and have the earrings and pendant on- so we get the full effect.

7:05 AM  
Blogger Knits & Stitches said...

Where do you get Inox needles? I've never heard of them.

I really like your blue sweater!

7:41 AM  
Blogger Vivian said...

I love Lisa Souza's yarns. She got me started going to Kings Mountain Art Faire which is held in the forests above upper peninsula every year over Labor Day weekend. Would love to see you there one day!

10:32 AM  
Blogger punkin said...

You have been awarded the "You Make My Day" award.

7:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home