03 October 2007

Knitting Globally and Other Stuff

Okay. What is the coolest thing about the knitting world? This! And this! And this! How cool is it that our knitting community is so global!?

Those of you on Ravelry who are knitting Muir, come on over and join us in the Muir-along! Those of you not on Ravelry, I've set up a Yahoo Group here.

Now. About that contest.... The picture was taken in a studio using full studio lighting. The image behind the wine is an 8.5 x 11 inch inkjet print of a stock photo (and yes, they thought we were weird when we said what we wanted it for!) taped up on the backdrop. It looks cool in the final product but it looked pretty silly in the studio! Things often happen that way. So if you said that it was taken in front of a poster or photo or print of some kind in my home or studio, I entered you! And then I got a random number over at random.org and...the winner is :drumroll: Marlene! Congratulations! Could you please email me at romi AT designsbyromi DOT com with your snailmail address? Thanks! :)

On to Monday's Musing. Wow! What incredibly cool comments you all left! I loved reading them! Thank you so much. As for me, if I knew I could not fail, I would cure childhood disease and mental illness, and then I'd be off to find a clean and renewable energy source and restore the environment. Maybe a bungee jump off the Golden Gate Bridge just for fun would be in order, as well. I was going to mention whirled peas too, but I figured I'd leave that for someone else who couldn't fail. ;)

Thank you all for playing and commenting!

Labels: , ,

8 Comments:

Blogger The A.D.D. Knitter said...

Congrats on such a fantastic pattern, how gratified you must feel!!

5:35 AM  
Blogger ...Sarah said...

Shame on me for not thinking to do those things too. All my comments about the environment and all it should have been the first thing to roll off my tongue.

I made it to Ravelry too I think you can find me as LifeWith. I haven't managed to drag and drop photos from Flickr yet. I am probably doing something wrong that I will smack myself in the head for later, but for now there are no photos. Anyway, I will check out Muir only because I love the way they look. I will live vicariously through all of you.

6:28 AM  
Blogger Tiny Tyrant said...

Thanks for the MAL invite.

I joined. I can no longer play with Ravelry while at work (gr), but I'll keep track when I'm home.

I think I'm going to get some new Habu Bamboo for it since I think I'd like to do it in green, and they have a nice soft one.

8:18 AM  
Blogger mle said...

Hey thanks for the invite for the Muir KAL on Ravelry! I have the perfect yarn for it too I think.

9:10 AM  
Blogger Marlene said...

I won, I won! This is so exciting. I LOVE the shawl stick and really had no expectations of winning as I know very little about photography. Thank you so much. I'll get that address email to you in a jiff.

When I have more time I'll have to jump into the Muir-along as a Johny-come-lately. Seems only fitting that such a lovely shawl stick should adorn an equally beautiful shawl. For now though I am sure it will be gorgeous on a black shawl I am working on.

11:57 AM  
Blogger NH Knitting Mama said...

I'm sorry I missed the contest, it's been quite a week for me.

I did get your invite on Ravelry for the Muir. My lace "skillz" aren't there yet, but thanks for the vote of confidence! ha ha...

Have a great weekend!

1:42 PM  
Blogger thursday said...

Aren't you just giddy thinking that people all over the world are knitting your pattern?? I would be! Congratulations on going global. :)

11:10 AM  
Blogger sophanne said...

Rosemary- how stupid am I- I didn't even realize that you designed Muir until today!

That is one of the most beautiful lace pieces I have seen, and while I've not yet done any lacework, it was the first to inspire me to want to do so!

4:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home