07 August 2007

Whew

Have you ever thought to yourself that you couldn't possibly get busier, only to have your beliefs disproved soon thereafter? Whew.

But look at what went out yesterday.

It's the first installment of finished pieces and patterns for my book! And that feels Very. Very. Good.

So today, just to celebrate, I'm going to take some fun time to respond to questions I've received over the past few posts or so while I've been running around like a madwoman without any time to respond! Then it's back to running around like a madwoman again. :)

Sereknity said "That yummy copper coloured one [hemp yarn] in the front reminds me of the yarn you chose to make the campanula? lace s/s cardigan ... what's the status on it?"
Shhhhhhhhhhh! I'm not working on it! I haven't even been able to start it. I sometimes catch it staring at me reproachfully. Especially when it sees me petting other yarn.

Lorraine said "Rosemary- and what exactly are we looking at? Do we have to wait for the book?"
Yes, I'm afraid you have to wait. But I can tell you that there will be wire, fiber and felt projects. And that I am really excited about the pieces!

Shannon said "Have you ever knit with hemp? I like the new Knitty surprise bag and then Eiffel as well, but I'm kinda uneasy since it's...hemp. The yarn is lovely though."
I haven't knit with hemp, but I have knit with linen, which seems to be very close in nature. At first, I tried to hold the linen too tightly, but after some hand pain, I relaxed my grip. And by the time I was finished with the piece (a stole in laceweight linen), I couldn't wait to knit with it again! I love the stuff. You just need to remember that it does not knit like wool, so you need to swatch carefully and relax your grip on the yarn. I knit continental, and I ended up wrapping the yarn an extra time around my pinky to tension it, because my grip was so relaxed. I work with cotton that way also.

Gudrun said "Fantastic colors..esp the orange/reds...is this 100% hemp? Haven't worked with it (or seen it) before but would like to."
Yes, it's 100% hemp from Lanaknits. I love the colors. I could not resist them! I thought your skirt was 100% hemp, but then I just checked and it's Hempathy! Duh! ;)

Tracey said "Must have silver swan shawl pin....cannot even speak in complete sentences because it would be so perfect......;) Hope you're working on a design for your fellow MS3 knitters;)"
Yes! I am! :) And I will announce the pin when it is designed and have a chance for you to pre-order so I can get an idea of how much silver (and copper) to order! Thank you for asking!

AlisonH asked "will you be at TKGA?"
I'm not sure yet! I may drop by and look around a bit. Will you be there?

Knitserland said "Habu items are fabulous! What do you have planned for it?" I love Habu!!! And Takako is wonderful. I just met her this summer at Knitterly in Petaluma. But I digress. I can't tell you exactly what I plan on doing with it, but it is going in my book (if Dr. Destructo doesn't do another repeat performance of this little escapade like he did yesterday, but that's all I'm going to say about what Dr. Destructo did yesterday).

Sarah said "I look forward to this book of yours, when is your publishing deadline?"
Thank you, Sarah! I just passed one deadline and I have two more, with everything due at the end of November 2007. Then there's editing, of course. :) It is slated for release in fall 2008. Somehow that's seeming really really soon!

Gammy aka Peggy said "Wow, that fiber is awesome. What you going to do with it?"
If it works like I think it will, it's going in the book! :)

Marianne said "Just love the Bunny Pin! In fact so much that if you have one for sale next time please let me know?"
Thank you and I will! So many people have asked about it that I think it will be going up on my site soon! :)

And lastly, Joanne said "I recognize the Rosemary Habu. I hope that's it! I hope I know what you're going to do with it, too! :)"
Yes, that's it! I love the color, the feel, the name (heehee). Habu rocks. :D

Thank you all so much for commenting and keeping me sane while I've been spooled up into crazy mode. You're totally the best!!! Mwah!

Oh! And don't forget the contest!

Labels: ,

19 Comments:

Blogger Sereknitty said...

Thanks for the update on the status of campanula ... I guess I'll just have to start one myself, so I can see how if turns out ... bet it won't look as good as your copper-one-to-be! Love that colour.

11:03 PM  
Blogger Marina said...

At least it was a good type of busyness. Way to go! How many more after this?

4:30 AM  
Blogger The A.D.D. Knitter said...

So glad that you're experiencing a GOOD kind of busy-ness! Congrats on your success!

4:50 AM  
Blogger Alison said...

How very exciting about your book. Good luck with all the work that it entails!

4:51 AM  
Blogger Lorraine said...

Rosemary- Okay, we'll wait for the book.
I admire everything you do- you are truly an inspiration. A great mom, and a great fiber artist.
I wish you every success.

5:08 AM  
Blogger Laritza said...

How exciting! Good luck!

7:22 AM  
Blogger Jean said...

Congrats on clearing the first installment! Good luck with all the mad dashing.

7:29 AM  
Blogger Gudrun Johnston said...

That must be a great feeling of accomplishment! Well done. thanks too for remembering amongst all your crazy busy days to respond to questions...that it is impressive!

8:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just wanted to say that I placed an order from Little Knits today - the awesome Baby Georgia is on sale, so I have some of that Sahara coming my way. (I also thought that anyone looking for it might appreciate the info too!)

10:37 AM  
Blogger Dr. Steph said...

While busy doesn't always feel good, it does tell you that you're getting to do so much fun stuff with beads and fiber and jewelry.

You're very lucky!

11:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see your book. And yes, I'll be at TKGA, if I can find a way there. I'm sure I'm not the only knitter coming from the Peninsula, though.

12:05 PM  
Blogger Robin said...

Thanks for posting the interesting questions and answers! I saw your handiwork in the brand new issue of Crochet Today - Congrats!!!

1:32 PM  
Blogger thursday said...

You know, I have a ball of Habu cotton (gima I think?), that i have no clue what to do with. I mean, it's lovely...but what can I make with one ball of it?

1:47 PM  
Blogger Yarnhog said...

Yay! Congratulations!

2:45 PM  
Blogger NH Knitting Mama said...

I'm sure you feel great to get that big step done! Congrats!

5:02 PM  
Blogger vanessa said...

that's a lot of q&as!
congrats on the book!

5:46 PM  
Blogger Faith said...

Because mixing business with pleasure (blogs, anyone?) is strictly on the not-to-do list, I won't mention how much I love your earrings, and how very cool it is to be able to look at them all throughout the day! No mentioning at all.

8:57 PM  
Blogger Marianne said...

I am so glad you decided to make more of the Bunny pins !
Congrats on finishing the first part of the book, can't wait to see it when it's finished.....

4:55 AM  
Blogger Denise said...

Congratulations on getting that first installment out. What a great feeling! I'm really excited for you, Rosemary and I can't wait to see your book!

And about the not thinking things could possibly get any busier. I'm pretty sure I understand how your feeling.
;-)

7:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home