02 August 2007

Catch-up with Relish

I know I've been a baaaaad blogger lately. :hangs head: Sorry! I've been in deadline mode, doing stealth knitting, writing and a little stealth crochet too!

But I had to drop in and gush about Amy, Knitty maven and author extraordinaire. I finally met her face to face this past weekend, when I made the trek down to Purlescence Yarns in Sunnyvale (I love this shop!). She is, in a word, delightful!
Since I forgot my camera, I will merely show you her book and you will have to imagine the rest.

I had a wonderful time with her, Nathania, Chloe and Sandi (who I also finally got to meet in person - wooooo!), and their spouses. As a bonus, I also met CJ! I drove back with a huge smile on my face!

Speaking of no sheep, in a stroke of irony, Amy won my sheep shawl pin in Claudia's MS Ride raffle. Hee. So I offered her a bunny instead. I'm thinking he turned out ok, yes?

The trick is in having a live model. :g:

Now for a little eye candy! This gorgeousness is from Habu Textiles.

And this.

And just feast your eyes upon this!

Look at those colors!!!

This is Ashford's rainbow dyed English Leicester Fleece by way of Foxglove Fibers. It is absolutely stunning!

Off to run around like a madwoman! See you soon! :)

Labels: , , , , ,

23 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Habu items are fabulous! What do you have planned for it?

Cute bunny, you are so talented and creative.

1:04 PM  
Blogger NH Knitting Mama said...

Beautiful bunny pin. I love the Habu, too.

1:09 PM  
Blogger Bea said...

The bunny pin is great! That roving is so cool, I bet it will be even brighter spun up, and that Habu is amazing.

1:24 PM  
Blogger Marina said...

Love Habu! I'm counting the months till their once-a-year sale.

1:37 PM  
Blogger lv2knit said...

The bunny is PERFECT! Way cute! And thank you for your thoughts during this very surreal time.

1:38 PM  
Blogger CjSachiko said...

So much yummy goodness! It was great to meet you last Sunday too. :)

1:46 PM  
Blogger Laritza said...

The bunny is too cute!
Where is the sheep?

1:47 PM  
Blogger Vivian said...

Just love your eye candy pictures. Keep them coming!

4:59 PM  
Blogger ...Sarah said...

How exciting to meet Amy! She seems very captivating from her blog. I will not hold it against you (for delayed blogging) you have posted more often than me despite your deadlines, so good for you.

I look forward to this book of yours, when is your publishing deadline?

Enjoy all your new delights.

5:30 PM  
Blogger Jen in FL said...

I can't wait to see what you've been working on--I adore the bunny pin. :-) Everything you shared was so pretty!

6:38 PM  
Blogger Peggy said...

Wow, that fiber is awesome. What you going to do with it?

6:59 PM  
Blogger Yarnhog said...

Oh, I love the bunny! I used to have an angora bunny who traveled all over the country with me.

7:57 PM  
Blogger The A.D.D. Knitter said...

The bunny pin is so sweet, and that Habu is killing me...

7:59 PM  
Blogger Marianne said...

Just love the Bunny Pin ! In fact so much that if you have one for sale next time please let me know ?
The Habu yarns is great isn't it !
Exciting to meet Amy in person :-)

12:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Theb unnypin isa dor able!

12:53 AM  
Blogger Lorraine said...

Rosemary- I was looking at those sheep pins, and now you have a bunny.

I'm sure Amy loved the bunny.

5:00 AM  
Blogger Hege said...

So much beautiful eye candy! I love the bunny pin!

6:35 AM  
Blogger Joanne said...

I recognize the Rosemary Habu. I hope that's it! I hope I know what you're going to do with it, too! :)

All is well here. I am trucking along. Reservations for fall festivals, (check!) good attitude, (check!) second sleeve knitting...(check! check!)

7:55 AM  
Blogger Tracey, in MI said...

bunny is ADORABLE

10:19 AM  
Blogger Gudrun Johnston said...

I had hoped to get to that event of Amy's but of course my husband who never really goes anywhere was away that weekend...would have been an added bonus to meet you!

4:47 PM  
Blogger Jean said...

The bunny shawl pin is adorable!

5:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! Your yarn and fibre is amazing! Love the colors in the last pictures.

2:58 PM  
Blogger 5penny said...

how exciting it is that you got to meet so many cool knitters! color me green!

the bunny pin is beautiful. as is the yarn.

6:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home