01 July 2007

OPK**

Our little Saturday knit group is getting not so little! And that makes me Very Happy. So here, for your viewing pleasure, is my report.

First up is Barbara, because she was new to our group, and also because she had the first clue for the Mystery Stole and I forgot mine. Here are her swatches, done with the Royale
Hare's (locals and those who have attended Stitches West may recognize the name) new laceweight alpaca:

Gorgeous, no? And my photo doesn't even begin to do the colors justice. Here she is knitting with the winner:

This is the vintage tool she was using to place the beads:

It is a simply infinitesimal hook. Absolutely tiny.

And speaking of tiny, I have been emailing back and forth with the Tiny Tyrant (isn't that a great name? I mean really!) and she sent an emissary to our little group because she couldn't be there herself. (I don't know why, something called a vacation. Does anyone know what that is?) Here's Taunya waving to prove she was there!

(Can't be too careful with someone called the Tiny Tyrant, right? I want to make sure she knows Taunya actually *did* make it. No telling what a Tiny Tyrant might do when crossed.)

Here's Dana wearing her newly finished sweater and smiling gamely about it even though it was about 80 (F) in the shop:

And Susan, who is working on one of the strips for that lap blanket I was talking about earlier:

It's actually a gorgeous purple. Really gorgeous. Again, the picture doesn't do it justice.

Lynn, who I am very proud to say I enabled into lace knitting ::evilgrin:: is working on a lovely stole/scarf from Victorian Lace Today:

She finished an incredible baby alpaca stole which I will wait to show you until after it is blocked. It will be awhile, though, because she is in now in the throes of organizing the Sonoma County Hot Air Balloon Classic (it is sooooo cool!).

Here's Kathleen working on a Jaywalker with some completely delicious sock yarn from the Sock Pixie (I am linking to her blog instead of her shop because she has some great free patterns there):

And hiding behind her new t-shirt:

She established a non profit to benefit hearing impaired kids in Sonoma County and is making cards with completely adorable little dinky socks.

And Carol is holding a pretty sweater she is making:

I think it is from a Knitter's, but now I don't remember which one! Carol always comes up with cool pattern/yarn combinations that I never would have imagined - and they always look great on her!

And then there's Laura (owner of A Good Yarn), who is taking a picture of me taking a picture of her. Hee.

In other news (and I think I left this for last because I am blown away and blushing!) Terri, of Selbuvotter fame, nominated me as a Rockin' Girl Blogger! ::blush::


Thank you, Terri! You totally rock! (me, I'm not so sure, but I am very grateful and touched, nonetheless) :)

Now I'm supposed to pass it on to a bunch of other bloggers, but you know what? I started to narrow down a list of blogs and it became quite the daunting task. So I'm only going to pass it on to one blog, because The Rainey Sisters,
my nomination, are so completely awe-inspiring (and because Susan would kick my butt if I nominated the others I know she is going to nominate). In the end, after messing around with my little lists for awhile, I came to the conclusion that all the bloggers I read rock, and that's why I read them! (duh!) ;)

Be well!

**Other People's Knitting.

Labels:

18 Comments:

Blogger NH Knitting Mama said...

Everyone's projects are beautiful, but I particularly like Susan's sweater. Lovely!

3:50 PM  
Blogger Knits & Stitches said...

Thanks! I am really enjoying it..it's my first big lace project. I wasn't so sure of the varigated yarn, but I think it's working out well.

Congrats on the "rockin' girl blogger'!!

5:53 PM  
Blogger Knits & Stitches said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

5:57 PM  
Blogger lv2knit said...

Rockin' Girl Blogger -- me [us]!!??!! Wow! I am honoured to say the least. Woo Hoo! I rock, baby!

7:35 PM  
Blogger ...Sarah said...

Looks like some great knitting going on there. I love the idea of knitting with friends.

So are there beads on the swatches Barbara knit up? I can almost see them on the green patch, but I could be imagining. Either way they are gorgeous for being swatches. They would be great in a frame.

8:13 PM  
Blogger Marianne said...

You deserve the title !

10:57 PM  
Blogger The A.D.D. Knitter said...

How fun! Sometimes it's so inspiring to see what others are working on, isn't it?

5:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, what a great group! Dana's sweater is so nice (and she's so brave to wear it in the heat!).

Congrats on being a Rockin' Girl!

7:23 AM  
Blogger Lorraine said...

Wel, I have to agree. The Rainey Sisters do rock!

8:24 AM  
Blogger Bea said...

Wow, what a fun group! Everyone has great projects. Congrats on being a Rockin' Girl Blogger, you deserve it :)

9:14 AM  
Blogger Jean said...

Yeah, baby, you DO rock! Everyone's wips are wonderful. Good on you for being a lace enabler!

10:49 AM  
Blogger Tiny Tyrant said...

You have got to tell Barbara that Taunya wants a drop spindle.

She is drooling over the one I got from Barbara at the spinner's thing out at Westside Farms. I'd like to keep it so T needs her own.

Thanks for showing proof she showed up.

3:06 PM  
Blogger amanda said...

Congrats on your nomination! Well deserved :)

10:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are rockin'! And congratulations on the book, that's so great!

10:28 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

You down with OPK?
Looks like a fun time.

11:44 AM  
Blogger Sheila E said...

Great post Rosemary! I could just feel the fun coming across the internet!
Thanks for turning us on to the Sock Pixie....great sock patterns..et al.
Congratulations for Rockin'....long may you wave!!
So glad to hear that things are lookin' UP ;)

5:39 PM  
Blogger vanessa said...

you are lucky to have such a fun group!

5:53 PM  
Blogger AR said...

You are a Rockin' Girl!!!!

What a fun looking time. Everyone's knits are beautiful, too.

6:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home