27 June 2007

Hearts

First, thank you all so very much for your congratulations on my book! I will reply where I am able, but unfortunately, Blogger often does not include email information. You all made me feel so great! A big fat mwah to all of you!

Hearts.

My friend Susan has an enormous and kind one. She is one of those people who sees the world as it is, with all its imperfections, and works in a million little ways to make her corner of it a better place. She is happy and positive and wonderfully kind. A friend of hers is going through chemo right now, and Susan decided it was important to have some warmth and color to brighten everything, so she got our little Saturday morning knitting group together to knit a lap blanket. Each of us took a color or two (it will make a rainbow spectrum when finished) and we are knitting strips.

I took deep red and light orange. So what did I do with the red?

Hearts, of course!

As an aside, this pattern has a few places where the stitches are: K, YO, P, in that order. And my yarn overs right before the purl stitches were about twice as big as the others. So, instead of doing a YO on the right side, I picked up the bar between stitches on the next row to make a perfectly sized YO! Dude! ;)

And that's all there is today, 'cause I'm being stealthy again. ;)

Labels: ,

16 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

A beautiful colour and a beautiful pattern. And I stored your yo tip somewhere back in the brain, I hope I'll manage to remember where if I'll be needing it ;-)Wishes for recover for your friend's friend.

10:28 PM  
Blogger Denise said...

hearts are perfect - both for the sentiment and the color!

10:36 PM  
Blogger lv2knit said...

I love the pattern and it is perfect with that gorgeous red! When I do a YO from k to p [or vice versa], I work the next st without moving the yarn fwd [to back], OW I forget to make the YO on the following row. It is again the perfect size, as is yours, but not as likely to be missed by the forgetful or dozy knitter!

4:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Two-Sheep June just posted the same idea on the YOs next to purls, not long ago. So it must be the best possible solution, both of you finding it at the same time. I need to remember it.

4:53 AM  
Blogger Alison said...

Oh, I'm behind on the congrats thing, but CONGRATULATIONS! How very cool.

Very pretty pattern.

5:53 AM  
Blogger Amanda said...

Lovely color! I now she will love the blanket.

6:28 AM  
Blogger AuntieAnn said...

Very lovely! I used something similar to that tip in my Waving Lace Socks, which I need to post. But yesterday's post was more important to put up timely, I thought. Thanks for your comment!

7:18 AM  
Blogger Lorraine said...

I'll have to remember that. I'm sure she'll love the blanket. She'll know that people care about her.

8:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a wonderful idea, to do that for someone. It can only help!

11:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting tip on the YOs!! Thanks!

12:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, that's beautiful!

12:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Purty color! And Susan has started a lovely thing.

Switch to Haloscan comments if you want to capture e-mail addresses. That's what I use on my one blogger blog.

1:31 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

It's very pretty. Such a nice rich red. Chemo is so hard. She is going to love it.

2:30 PM  
Blogger Yarnhog said...

When I was in the hospital, pregnant, sick as a dog, with a monster incision going the full length of my abdomen, my best friend brought me a hand-made quilt from her bed. It was the best thing anyone could have done for me. It was like being wrapped up in safety and home. I am sure the recipient of the lap blanket will take great comfort from it. What a lovely gift.

3:24 PM  
Blogger The A.D.D. Knitter said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous red...

5:44 AM  
Blogger Jean said...

Oh, that's lovely. Best wishes to the cancer fighter!

9:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home