30 May 2007

What I did over Memorial Day Weekend, Part I

Every year, the little town 6 miles to the south (Healdsburg, which I suppose is not so little any longer) welcomes summer with the Future Farmers Country Fair. It all starts with a parade on Thursday evening. The first year that we were here, the mayor told us that "half the town is in the parade and half the town watches." And even though the town has become more a tourist destination than a place for regular folks to live, the parade and the fair remain, so far, pretty much unchanged.

This year, the boys rode on the 4H float, and there was much excitement! Here they are, wearing their Veterans Day poppies, waiting to go:

#1 Son borrowed a fairly calm rabbit to ride with him on the float. In the next picture, you can barely see the chickens in their cage:

And #1 Son sitting on the vintage tractor:

Dad rode on the float with the little kids and I walked along handing out candy. There were fire engines, kids on numerous floats, old cars and trucks...what more could you ask? Too much fun. :)

Tune in for more fun at the fair and find out how much someone paid for one cake at the auction!

Oh!...and costumechick tagged me, but I've already done the 7 things here and here, so I plead immunity. That's my story and I'm stickin' to it!

Labels: ,

12 Comments:

Blogger Zenknitter LesleyD said...

They are too cute!! Love the hats!!!

2:57 PM  
Blogger annmarie said...

What a beautiful day for so much fun! Who doesn't love a parade like that? :)

3:02 PM  
Blogger AuntieAnn said...

What fun! I love a parade, and it sure looks as though the boys had fun!

3:39 PM  
Blogger Jean said...

Looks like so much fun!

3:58 PM  
Blogger Christina J. said...

Hi. Thanks for the comment on my blog. :) The parade looks like fun. We live in an area of small towns (that are getting larger by the day) that still have small town charm with similar parades. Good times. Your boys are very cute!

4:34 PM  
Blogger lv2knit said...

I don't want to wait to see how much one person paid for a cake! I am very impatient!

5:50 PM  
Blogger Amanda said...

Looks like an awesome weekend! Nothing like family fun for a good time.

7:55 PM  
Blogger AlisonH said...

Those are two handsome dudes.

8:44 PM  
Blogger lv2knit said...

No way!!

4:02 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

Going to a parade is always so much fun. Being in one has got to be even better!

6:32 AM  
Blogger Hege said...

I just saw your pin in Vogue Knitting! Congratulations!

7:03 AM  
Blogger Lorraine said...

Rosemary- Sounds like alot of fun.

They look like such nice young gentlemen. Enjoy them, before you know it, they'll be teenagers.

-I love my two, but they are a totally different species altogether.

10:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home