30 November 2015

monday's musing

"Life is very simple, but we insist on making it complicated." - Confucius



Last night I had a terrible dream, as sometimes happens when I am feeling stressed. Right now, as we are coming to the end of the year, there is so much to do. And I need to be spending time and emotional energy with the kids. Enough said there. I want to clone myself. 

But along comes a horrific dream that leaves me with the reality that it's all so simple. As a dear friend of my mother's used to say to me: "where there's life, there's hope." Everything else is so small in comparison. This week, I will work to remember that.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous ruth said...

Thank you so much for your Monday musing. Your thoughts help me recenter as I move into year end activities.

6:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have this wonderful book - author: Jeffrey Brantley, MD
Calming Your Anxious Mind (how mindfulness & compassion can free you from anxiety, fear & panic)
I highly recommend it!
Metta T

11:58 AM  
Anonymous Ruth said...

Ah, the enjoyment of doing with the reward of completion a byproduct. I will focus on the thrill of the placement of my foot on the rope for this coming week. Warm regards.

5:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home