23 November 2015

monday's musing

"What I dream of is an art of balance." - Henri Matisse

At this time of year, I always get lost in the final mad dash to the last day on the calendar. This year, I am working to enjoy the time and find balance. Not really to do less, but to take joy and fully participate in all the many tasks ahead. Because I think I may actually finally have learned that I love to be busy and doing too much. 
 
This week, while knitting on deadline and working to catch up on everything, I am feeling the incredible joy of planning a Thanksgiving meal, in particular for a certain young foodie whose most favorite holiday involves the deep satisfaction of sharing good food with his family. I didn't always find happiness in doing the expected; I've worked to understand just how fortunate I am to have things expected of me by my loved ones. How empty life would be without any expectations at all.

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving week!

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Terry B. said...

Thank you for a fresh look at the mad dash. I'm going to adopt your approach this year. As the Muppets Christmas Special taught us all those years ago, without celebrations, life just passes by in a blur. Happy Thanksgiving, dear Romi!

4:01 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

What a wonderful blog. It made me sit and reflect on how I do things. Thank you.

4:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home