12 April 2014

spotlight: desert peach

It's spring here and the desert peach is in bloom.

That makes it a perfect time to take a look back a year to 7 Small Shawls Y3: my collection of patterns celebrating beautiful northern Nevada along the eastern slope of the Sierras, Specifically, the Desert Peach pattern....

Loosely based on traditional Faroese shaping, Desert Peach starts up top, instead of the bottom edge.

A leaf panel flows down center back, surrounded by blossoms on either side, and ending in a picket fence with edging picots. The pattern has both charted and written instructions.

Originally knit in Swans Island Fingering Weight Merino, Raspberry colorway, Desert Peach is currently available as part of a special yarn bouquet from Jimmy Beans, featuring a limited edition Orchid colorway. Laura (Jimmy) at Jimmy Beans sent me one, and I had great fun on photo safari with it! Here it is, looking lovely with Desert Peach all folded up nearby.

The Orchid colorway just glows in the sunlight beside Desert Peach blossoms.

The Swans Island is a lovely yarn: perfect for lace. Even though it's merino, it keeps a block beautifully. I thoroughly love this yarn and the special color is absolutely incredible! I couldn't resist the pull to decorate with my bouquet. 

I just want to add that - if you haven't already looked through Jimmy Beans' selection of bouquets - you absolutely must! It's such a fantastic idea for gifts to yarn lovers. I've always loved cut flowers, but they last so little time. And as amazing as chocolate is, it does have some caloric side effects. That's why yarn is so perfect. Everyone needs lots of fiber in their diet. Right?

So go! Grab a bouquet while they last! It's a perfect springy gift to someone you love, including yourself. And with that, here is the ever important cowboy boot cheesecake pic,

and a little local talent from the shoot.

Enjoy!

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Jeanne said...

How pretty!!! Love that top picture. I tried to use it on my desktop but it didn't work. I think Desert Peach may be the perfect knit for me right now. ♥

3:49 PM  
Anonymous Jen said...

So pretty! I love your photography and staging, too.

1:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home