13 November 2013

the great oddments knitdown

Its here!


One knitter.

One box of yarn.

Endless possibilities.


Welcome to my oddments project! Everyone has them: stray balls and skeins of yarn here and there. They’re different weights and different colors. Definitely not a sweater’s worth of anything, let alone a shawl’s worth or a pair of socks. You can’t imagine what to do with them, but you don’t want to throw them away. Well, I’m no different; Kathy Elkins of WEBS sent me a box of yarn to swatch. It stared at me reproachfully and demanded my respect: riches of wool, silk, alpaca and other blends. And an idea kept niggling at my mind (for a couple of years, no less). And so I finally gave in.
This is my project: to use this box of yarn and to respect the fiber. The rules are simple: I use what’s in the box, no matter the weight and the color, no matter what the fiber content is (luckily for me, there’s some really nice stuff). I can add buttons and other little embellishments, but that’s it. I may not go out and buy other yarn or beg Kathy for anything else. I have 18 balls of yarn and my imagination. There will be 15-18 projects. Some will be easy to dream up. Others? Not so much! But fun knitting for you, all the same!
The patterns for this eBook will be delivered to subscribers within a subscription period ending November 15, 2014. There is no specific delivery time for each pattern, but look for the first pattern in mid November 2013. All patterns will have charts (if needed) and written instructions, and you will be able to make them out of oddments. These are small projects, not big ones: the perfect size for an evening or two of knitting in front of the fire or sitting on the porch sipping a lemonade! So…knitters: pull out those oddments!
This eBook subscription is offered at $10 until the first pattern comes out sometime next week, after which it will go up to its regular price of $15.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

I have lots of oddments, so hopefully this will help me use them up!

7:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm in. I've been "off" my knitting for a long time now (and I'm an instructor and designer!), a lot of stuff going on in my life, but am looking SO forward to seeing your new designs! Hopefully they will spur me to more knitting.

7:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home