30 October 2013

thinking small

Way back before the book project with Interweave was an inkling in my mind (oh, wait, did I tell you about that? I think I only tweeted and Facebooked it!), I was planning another sort of fun. I'd been staring at this amazing box of yarny goodness that Kathy Elkins over in Yarn Paradise (er, I mean WEBS) sent me for petting and swatching.

I am always one to respect the fiber, especially wool! And that box sat there. Looking at me. Daring me to touch, play and knit. And finally I asked Kathy if she minded my embarking on a little challenge to myself with that box of yarn. And she was game! In fact, said she, it was perfect timing since this coming year is WEBS' 40th anniversary! So I knew it was meant to be.

And here is my challenge: create great small projects entirely from a stash of different weights, fibers and yardages. I only have one ball of each! And you can join me! It's going to be a subscription, and it's going to run over the coming year. This will be my fun time: my hobby while designing projects for the book, club and 7 Small Shawls subscription. This is going to be a crazy crazy year! But I'm already up for it. See? 

It's been my relaxation time in the evenings. And next week, I'll be releasing the subscription! So stand by. It will be discounted until this first project is up and ready. It won't be long now....

Labels:

11 Comments:

Blogger daffynpooh said...

I'm in!!

5:40 PM  
Blogger Jeanne said...

Where you lead, I will follow.

Congrats on 40!!!!!! years Kathy! That really is phenomenal! I'm proud to own many pieces that originated at your web store.

5:49 PM  
Anonymous Diana said...

Sounds intriguing!

6:02 PM  
Blogger Stitchalong said...

This sounds wonderful!!!!! I am so in.

6:34 PM  
Blogger rughooker.donna said...

I'm in too, this sounds like fun, and we can all do with more fun in our lives.

7:31 PM  
Blogger heydebbi said...

I am in, but what am I getting into now

11:59 PM  
Blogger Monika said...

I'm IN! I have so many one skein handspun yarns. Can't wait to see what you'll come up with all your single balls of yarn!

4:22 AM  
Blogger Gale Bulkley said...

That sounds like fun. On a side note, what a fabulous chair.

4:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have enough yarny goodness for this assignment! Count me in too! Yay!

5:16 AM  
Anonymous Linz said...

I really need this to tame my stash, and find some fun in short-term projects. I'm in!!!!

7:29 PM  
Blogger mariaeb on Ravelry said...

How fun!

7:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home