04 May 2013

smitten

Well. In answer to Denise's question: still no kitteh. We are coming to grips with the reality that she won't be back, and we miss her. She was a very very cool cat, even though she had an appetite for mohair. We are hoping that she found a good home, though it's most likely that she succumbed to roving coyotes. I just can't let myself think about it, to be honest.

We're not going to get another cat here, I think, as I don't have the heart to watch one pining at the window and not be able to let it out. And out is not an option here with the coyotes prowling.

But Otto the Dog now needs a playmate, so we contacted the Miniature Schnauzer breeder where he started out in life. She sent us several pictures, but one caught our eye and we were instantly smitten. Meet Petunia.

She was bottle fed like Otto and we are going to pick her up mid May. Everyone here is excited, and we are puppy proofing the house while we wait for the cuteness.

Speaking of smitten - in a different way - I am so loving the next shawl I'm working on for the current eBook subscription (Home is Where the Heart Is). It is coming together looking just the way I had it in my mind's eye.

This one has a water theme.

Above, you can see the spine. The increases are part of a cable down the middle, and they turned out exactly the way I envisioned them. I love it when a plan comes together!

This one is another two color shawl, though there are a couple of one color numbers to come soon.

This is a little greener than the real color, but the blue is a little bluer than real life.

It's somewhere in between. The yarn is delicious to work with, and Jimmy Bean's is getting some in for you! This is Shalimar Breathless. Mmmmmmmmm.

I'm also working on the infinity scarf.

This is the pattern pinned out, and also more true to real color!

I've been working a little on my fun sweater too, and in answer to Jocelyn's question: if people like it when I'm finished, I promise I'll write it up!

Back to knitting and listening to my audio book! In answer to Anne K, I've been listening to a fun fantasy series: The Chronicles of Elantra. Very imaginative and with a pretty good narrator. Though I must say: the (admittedly rare) mispronunciations drive me batty! Aside: this is classified as romance on some sites, and other than the fact that the publisher is a division of Harlequin, I can't understand why. I've never read a Harlequin romance before. Are they chaste? Because I'm trying to figure out how fighting dragons is romantic. Maybe I'm missing something?! Cheers!

Labels: , ,

9 Comments:

Blogger Jeanne said...

OMG LOL! Welcome Petunia!!!

My theory is that kittah (who found you accidentally one day about a year and a half ago) has gone back to her original home.

By the way, how is your foot? Are you still wearing your cast?

Plugging along on my Dusk Into Twilight!!

5:06 PM  
Blogger Monika said...

OMG-Petunia is so very cute! Look at that innocent face! Lovely new knits too.

6:10 AM  
Anonymous Julie said...

Petunia is just so adorable!!! Who could resist that face?

Love, love, love the sneak peaks of your projects. Love them all. Cannot wait to see them as finished objects. Take all the time you need though. We all have plenty to work on. ;)

8:35 AM  
Blogger Allison said...

Dear Romi,

Thanks for sucking me into another ::cough:: right up my alley ::cough:: book series, and please meet The Hollows (not chaste).


Your friend, Ali

Oh, and p.s., you are such a tease.

10:40 AM  
Blogger norabrown said...

Petunia is adorable! It will be nice to have 2 pups. I enjoy our 3 tremendously.

7:21 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Yay! I'll cross my fingers. *Adorable* new dog!

7:43 AM  
Blogger Sally at Rivendale Farms said...

Hail to the kitteh and Welcome Petunia! What a face she has! And Shalimar Breathless? Quite smitten there, too.

9:47 AM  
Blogger Oneday Designs said...

I'm loving the idea of a water themed shawl. Petunia looks so cute.

6:27 AM  
Blogger daffynpooh said...

She is tooooo cute!! What a face! (Although she looks like she will be partial to alpaca)

I am loving the new sneak peeks as well <3

6:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home