30 May 2013

my purple passion

I've been working hard on my big Craftsy project, but I needed a little diversion! Enter some gorgeous purple yarn. This is sock yarn from Iridaceae Colorworks in Irisberry.

I can't say I've ever seen a more beautiful colorway. I worked out the modified stitch pattern at the boys' swim meet last weekend and wrote the charts up.

Then I added beads too. Bonus!

I am deeply in love with it.

All the way to the edging.

And for Teresa, I decided to add a stole version from some utterly incredible yarn I had in stash from Dark Starz. I'm working on both versions at the same time. They'll be an extra for this year's eBook: Home Is Where the Heart Is. (This yarn won't be available from Jimmy Beans, since these are little extras thrown in for fun.)

This is Cassiopeiae Lace in a luminous lavender color. I have four skeins.

I added beads to this one too, and it is utterly luscious to knit with. Angora, silk and merino. Wow. It is an amazing yarn. Beautiful halo, lovely stitch definition and light as a feather.

What do you think Teresa?

Sea silk and beads for you?

Labels:

10 Comments:

Blogger daffynpooh said...

Wowie!!! Simply beautiful <3

3:13 AM  
Blogger norabrown said...

I've got some Irisberry and I love it. Can't wait to see this pattern. :)

4:59 AM  
Anonymous dana said...

Lovely! More to look forward to!

5:28 AM  
Blogger Jeanne said...

Gorgeous! I'm feeling the need for some purple in my life as well and beads! WOOT! We haven't had beads for a while. ♥

7:42 AM  
Blogger Oneday Designs said...

This is looking so beautiful and with beads too. Great combination. Very excited about the Craftsy class, as you already know :)

11:00 AM  
Blogger Allison said...

My lacy fingers are twitchin'! Just ... <3 ... ! Better get busy now!

11:34 AM  
Anonymous Pauline said...

Allison will have to dye a lot of IrisBerry as we will all want some. I know I will

5:31 AM  
Blogger P said...

Ooooh wow! Those are seriously yum!!

11:51 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

I love BOTH the latest Y3 projects you've shown!

10:36 AM  
Blogger Scuddeb said...

Beautiful yarn and pattern Romi - I enjoy knitting your patterns.

4:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home