08 May 2013

moving right along

Now available: Dusk into Twilight, demi size!

I love this size, actually.

Even though I like the bigger one too, there's just something so satisfying in going stash diving and then knitting it up. I've wanted to do something with my skeins of Koigu for a long time and I'm happy that three of them found a nice home. :)

The watery shawl is moving along nicely, too. I love the top stitch pattern. It looks like riffles in a stream to me.

I am particularly fond of the spine on this one.

I don't like to use the usual increase spine and it makes my obsessive little heart purr with joy when I figure out a cool way to increase. This one is a cable.

And I love the yummy Shalimar Breathless yarn! Mmmmmmmmm.

Randomness:
1. My dog likes eating apples.
2. I got my boot off a week last Monday and today was the first time I was able to walk across the room without pain. I almost cried with joy.
3. Still no kitteh, and we have given up looking and calling. When the rain stops, we'll post some pictures at the mailboxes. She's microchipped so we're hoping she might turn up. I don't want to think about coyotes.
4. The rain has been making the sage smell particularly pungent. It is incredible.
5. I've decided that I must go to knitting group tomorrow. I need diversion.
6. I am working on a secret project and I'll ask tomorrow when I can reveal it.
7. And now...back to my knitting and audio book. This is the life!

Labels:

9 Comments:

Anonymous Saara said...

Beautiful. :)

Our dogs love apples too, especially the Labrador retriever. She recently discovered that we have a decorative (not) plastic fountain under an apple tree... the previous owners of the house hadn't really looked after the fountain (same applies to anything in the house, really) so it was still full of last summer's water and rotten apples. So the apple-and-water-loving silly pup went diving for apples in the slimy water. Can you imagine the smell?

We quickly decided to get rid of the fountain, to the pup's great disappointment :)

1:46 AM  
Anonymous Kei said...

I LOVE THAT SPINE!!!!!

6:10 AM  
Blogger knitting kitty said...

Ditto Kei -- that spine is BODACIOUS!!! Did I miss the pattern?

7:19 AM  
Blogger Jeanne said...

Love the new Demi version of Dusk into Twilight! It fits my summer shawl needs so well.

And the spine is unbelievably brilliant. Can't wait to knit it.

Lovingly,
Your previous left foot ♥♥♥

8:05 AM  
Blogger Terry B. said...

Ditto what everyone has said here re: the demi size (perfect for summer), and the spine (absolutely awesome--I cannot wait!). Most of all, though, I'm so glad you're enjoying that fabulous sage smell--there is nothing like it anywhere else I've been!

9:08 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

When my life settles down a little (HA!) I'm going to knit that smaller DIT; LOVE it. Unless you release that watery shawl first, because the little glimpses you have given have REALLY grabbed me.

9:19 AM  
Blogger katherinelynn_04 said...

Just make sure never to give your dog the core! Slices are fine, but the seeds have a version of cyanide in them that will poison your dog. The flesh itself is perfectly fine.

10:57 AM  
Anonymous music said...

Amazing Blog !!

9:23 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Wow! This is gorgeous!!! I love the colors! Do you have the pattern on your blog?

7:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home