25 May 2013

missing in action

I know. MIA again! This past week (well...and before too!) I've been working hard on my upcoming Craftsy class. I'm trying to think of everything before I go to my taping because I want to answer as many possible questions as I can! What's cool about the Craftsy platform is that even if I don't get everything answered in my class, you all can still ask in the forums! I am super excited about this. :)

Also? In a word: Petunia. (Please forgive the not-so-great iPhone pics!)

How much can one blog with this cuteness distraction?! We picked her up Tuesday. It was a 9 hour job: 4 and a half hours there and 4 and a half back. We started immediately after the boys left for school, and got back in time to pick them up after practice at the swim center. Petunia set immediately to work in the car making me a chew toy. (Yes, she is that tiny!)

Then she was tuckered out, rested her chin on the side of the car seat, and fell asleep. She slid down into the basket in another 5 minutes.

We got back and set up her bed and cage so she would feel at home.

Otto had ignored her in the car. Here he is giving me a "how could you do this to me?" look.

As soon as we got home though, Otto started playing with her and fell under her spell. So did Bear.

The next day, I built little stairs up to the outside dog door. It's an automatic one going into the garage and I thought I could teach her to use it pretty well. That worked, but she can't push in the non-automatic one that comes into the house, so I took the remote control collar off. I didn't want her wandering the garage where she could get stuck. But then, she felt the need to keep Otto from using the door as well. She took up residence in the door frame and almost nothing would move her!

It was a long day, and she was a tired baby. It's funny; I've never had dogs before that like to be under blankets, but both Otto and Petunia love to sleep under things all snuggled up.

Two Miniature Schnauzers. Life is good.

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

Blogger Jeanne said...

I'm really intrigued by your Craftsy project! Just wish we could get together while you here but that would just be way too much stress for you

And look at her will you? Adorable is an understatement. Poor Otto :-( but I'm glad they are getting along well now (except when she won't let him out of the garage ;-)

Maybe we could start a puppy blankie KAL on your Ravelry group!!!

12:37 PM  
Blogger Brigi said...

adorable puppy!!!

1:27 PM  
Blogger Monika said...

She's a really cute puppy! All our dogs like snuggling under a blanket too. :o)

5:45 PM  
Blogger Tish said...

Ah, your puppy is adorable!
And this Craftsy class of yours sounds like I will want it. (Like everything else you produce. ^_^)

6:31 PM  
Blogger mapleweave said...

OMG! Romi - that's the cutest puppy ever.. Having a mini schnauzer makes me think Petunia is the cutest MS I've ever seen...

5:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh a puppy and a Craftsy class. It doesn't get much better than that.

12:19 PM  
Blogger Sally at Rivendale Farms said...

I am madly in love with Petunia. That is all.

8:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a cutie!

9:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home