27 March 2013

play

Because all work and no play makes Jane a dull girl. And also because I visited my lys over the weekend and became smitten with a skein of Noro sock yarn. I had never knit with Noro before. It strains credibility, but it is, indeed, true.

And there it was.

And there I was.

So it came home with me. And I cast on for an Apostrophe (from Punctuate, my collection of three easy pieces).

The color changes mesmerized me.

I was only going to do one color.

But I couldn't stop.

Just look at those little circles!

In that yarn!

And then I wondered what took me so long to knit with Noro. I am going to savor this play time.

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Anita Figueras said...

It's not just that the color changes, but it does so gradually, with each step of the change a lovely new color in itself.

I knit your Sakaki in Noro Sock, and it is one of my most commented upon and complimented shawls. Maybe you remember seeing it in passing on Twitter. http://www.ravelry.com/projects/scifiknitter/sakaki

4:09 AM  
Blogger Jeanne said...

Lovely! There are a lot of us knitting from the Punctuate collection on your Ravelry group while we wait for the MKAL clue on Friday!

5:54 AM  
Blogger Bonnie said...

I think I used that same colorway to knit an entrelac scarf. I really like Noro with entrelac as well.

6:43 AM  
Anonymous Diana C said...

Looks like fun! I had thought about using Noro sock as well.

1:36 PM  
Anonymous Piscis said...

Isn't noro wonderful? I have used it often and I have lots more in stash. What colourway is it?

Seems that I need to do 2 apostrophes: one in dark blue and one in noro :-).

7:50 AM  
Blogger Monika said...

It's nice to see you having fun! Makes me want to get that pattern too, but first I have to catch up on all the other small shawls...

3:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home