03 November 2012

zephyr cove haiku


A leaf

transitions.

Mountain forest deep in green.

Blue waves

lap softly.


Zephyr Cove is here!
I'm at Interweave Knitting Lab in San Mateo this weekend and Nine Rubies this evening, but I thought I'd pop in and post a few pics!


Zephyr Cove - shawl #2 in my 7 Small Shawls Y3: Home is Where the Heart is.

Note: thank you to those of you - one anonymous and one openly - who expressed concern over this shawl's resemblance to Cameo by Paulina Popiolek. I have spoken with Paulina and let her know it was unintentional. 

6 Comments:

Blogger Jeanne said...

What a lovely haiku!

Zephyr Cove is just a delight to knit and it has "this is a Romi design" written all over it. We're seeing all kinds of excited squeals of "I have a leaf" on your Ravelry site!

Have a great time at IK! Wish I was there with all of you ♥

3:06 PM  
Blogger emmy said...

I love this pattern and had to go right out find some perfect yarn since I wasn't at home to go through the stash!

I have looked at the Cameo pattern and I do not think there is much if any similarity. Yes it's a striped shawl with some lace but just how many of those are out there??? It was nice of you to communicate with the designer tho.

7:57 PM  
Blogger Suburban Stitcher said...

hmmm...I agree with emmy. Kind of similar, but certainly couldn't be considered anysort of infringement. Lovely shawl, and I LOVE the little leaf detail!

4:46 AM  
Blogger Monika said...

It's a wonderful shawl, as you already know I love the little leave, the colors are beautiful, and it looks like it is very wearable.

12:30 PM  
Blogger Monika said...

It's a wonderful shawl, as you already know I love the little leave, the colors are beautiful, and it looks like it is very wearable.

12:31 PM  
Blogger Pat said...

I'm a flight attendant and a passenger was knitting this shawl on the plane. I forgot that you had your Shawl Series 3 out. Love it and she use similar colors. This will be first project after the Christmas knitting is done. Very beautiful

11:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home