08 October 2012

monday's musing

"Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a grey twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

Well - that may be a little bit of overkill as a prelude to announcing who has won Laura's kits, but you have to credit me for getting in the mood! There were a total of 68 comments and I chose two commenters on random.org. First was comment 54: Janet, and then 66: Raelene. Since I listed the cuff first, that one goes to Janet, and the necklace goes to Raelene! Ladies, please email me at romi(at)designsbyromi(dot)com (replace (at) with @ and (dot) with.) with your snail mail addresses!

Aside to peeps commenting about the not having thought about knitting jewelry before: you all are killing me! I wrote a book filled with knitted and crocheted jewelry, and here and here are patterns I did on knitty.com. Oh, and then there's this book - I have a pattern in it (and so does Laura!). And here's one on Twist Collective. There are others, too. I hope you all will try it! It's super fun, and knitting jewelry is great for instant gratification!

Have a terrific week! Or, as we say around here: "make it a terrific week!"

4 Comments:

Blogger Raelene said...

I won!! I can't believe I won!! Thanks so much Romi. watch out for my email!!

11:49 AM  
Blogger Janet said...

Wow! I won -- so excited. I had to check I was the only Janet. Look out for my email.

5:29 PM  
Blogger RachelBooklover said...

Thank you for the links to the jewelry books and patterns. I see myself trying at least one of these just to see if I can do it. They are all so pretty--perfect for Christmas gifts.

7:17 PM  
Blogger daffynpooh said...

Congrats ladies!!

4:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home