12 September 2012

ready to rumble

Remember I was saying I needed to supplement my Ecowool stash? (Any excuse, right?) I piled my yarny goodies into the car and off I went to Jimmy Beans Wool, where they have an even larger Ecowool stash than I do. And they let me fondle it and pet it to my heart's content. I am Very. Very. Lucky.

I came away with three more skeins: two Ecowool and one Eco + for a little dash of excitement.

I really love the color combination now; it's filled in exactly where it needed to be.

And then there's a little bit of rusty red. YUM!

I now have six full skeins of Ecowool with a partial (Mr. Romi is tall with broad shoulders and he is very very interested in the fruits of this little labor of love). I also have a plan: light to dark, filling in with a little red here and there and some edging.

True to my promise, I did put up a project page for everyone on Ravelry, and I am about to go add mine! I am really excited about this. Are you ready to cast on? How about tomorrow?! Fall is in the air!

Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger norabrown said...

I can't wait! Off to set up a project page.

4:58 AM  
Blogger Jeanne said...

What a fun post to wake up to :-) I'm almost ready to rumble, now that I know how much yarn ♥

5:03 AM  
Blogger Stripeyspots said...

I have never seen Eco Wool in anything other than the natural shades. I am now longing to go to Jimmy Bean's...

5:15 AM  
Blogger Allison said...

oh YUMMY! Classic! Reminds me of my years on the Navajo Rez! ♥

8:42 AM  
Blogger livvi said...

Any chance we could know how many skeins of each color you have, trying to order yarn online would be easier with an idea of how many of each we need? So excited to knit this and thinking one skein pink and natural, and some greys so it goes with my studio space.
Thanks,
Livvi

9:48 AM  
Blogger Laura Sue said...

Romi, this is totally off-topic, but I had the good fortune to go to Stitches Midwest back in August and bought my very first Socks That Rock Lightweight--3 coordinating skeins--with a view toward knitting a Color Affection shawlette. I knew something was not right, though since I kept dithering about starting it... Long story short, I chucked the idea and am knitting a Taygete instead. When I took a second look at Taygete I realized it was prettier, easier, and exactly what I wanted. I'll be starting the lace soon. I love your patterns.

12:37 PM  
Blogger Monika said...

Gorgeous colors. This throw will be wonderful!

2:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home