08 September 2012

nesting

It's what I've been up to lately. I still can't quite believe we are actually here and unpacking all the boxes. It feels good. Really really good.

Between unpacking those boxes, I weighed the yarn from my ripping project the other day. I wanted to get an idea of how much yardage I have so I could figure out how many skeins there actually are. And I might be a little anal retentive about it, too. It's the neat side of my split personality coming through. So I labeled them all before stapling snips to each Post-it. I can be a little OCD about my yarn.

Not a bad start, but I need some interim colors as well. No matter though, as I know I want the lightest color in the middle and I am not going to get a color any lighter than the lightest one I have. Which means, of course, that I successfully rationalized casting on because I couldn't resist!

Can you guess yet?

Monika mentioned the other day that she wished there were a full circle version of Carson. And Teresa, test knitter extraordinaire, chose gorgeous earthy natural colors for her shawl. It came together in my mind as a circular Carson afghan! And I am hoping hoping hoping that I can entice some of you to knit along with me. What do you think? Who will join me? If anyone is game, I will even put up a Ravelry project page for us. I will post modifications to the shawl pattern on my blog as I go. Since I am using up stash, I will also sketch out my color scheme and notes. At the end, I will add the pattern to the eBook. I am loving it so far (I do sooooo enjoy Eco Wool and it's been so long since I've knit with it!) I needed this. :)

Labels:

16 Comments:

Blogger Monika said...

Oh thank you, thank you, thank you! I have fingering weight yarn meant for a circular Carson in my stash already! I'm tempted to knit a blanket with heavier yarn too. Oh my god, how exciting! I need to have a looksy in my stash. :o)

3:35 PM  
Anonymous thebon said...

That is an awesome, awesome plan!

3:40 PM  
Anonymous teresat2t said...

I am in! Even have a bunch of Cascade Eco wound up waiting for an afghan pattern. Carson will be perfect!

3:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This will be a great project. I love the neutrals so this should be very fun! Thanks for allowing us to join in with you on this project.

3:56 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Oooooh! I've been wanting to make a blanket! I'm in!

4:12 PM  
Blogger daffynpooh said...

Sounds interesting - going to look at the stash now!!

4:40 PM  
Anonymous Kate @ Spectra said...

May have to look in my own stash for this one! Would be my first KAL.....exited!

4:57 PM  
Blogger Pat said...

This sounds like fun. I have two huge balls of Cascade Eco Wool in two shades of gray...hmmmm,might have to rip out a scarf I startednwith it though...hahahaha

7:27 PM  
Blogger livvi said...

Love the idea, after going through my stash I figure I will need to add a few colors from the local yarn shop. Oh well I will be there Monday. This will be so much fun.

7:30 PM  
Anonymous thumbsupknit said...

Love this. I have a ton of Shelter.

5:20 AM  
Blogger norabrown said...

I was just looking at a round blanket/throw to knit. I'm in.

2:20 PM  
Blogger Jeanne said...

Count me in now too! I just finished Carson :-)

4:25 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I love this idea! Carson is so pleasing! Now, to find yarn...

4:35 PM  
Anonymous Terry B. said...

Oooooh, yes--this is a wonderful idea! Must go stash-diving...

10:00 PM  
Blogger Jauping said...

Oooooh, what a good idea

7:15 AM  
Blogger Biscuit said...

Awesome idea! I love this! Please do put out this pattern! I want to make one for my living room.

6:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home