29 August 2012

carson has landed

...and pretty much on schedule, as well. You have no idea how happy I am about that; I have my amazing and incredible test knitters to thank! Introducing Carson.

What do you think?

Carson the shawl is named for the Carson Valley and Carson River near my new home in Northern Nevada (and those places were named for Kit Carson).

It's a stunning area, and this shawl is just perfect for a nice walk in the chill autumn air.

I love how cozy it is.

I know I will get a ton of wear from it this fall and winter.

The Dream in Color yarn is so squishy and well, Smooshy!

It holds the warmth around my neck so perfectly.

And the colors are luminous.

I wish you could all see and touch it in person!

But alas.


You will need to knit one for yourself!

And Jimmy Beans, my partner in crime, wants to help enable you out. They have kits available in the same yarn I have used above, but also in other stunning combinations. Plus the first 50 people who buy a kit will get a gift of beaded stitch markers from Knitter's Pride - cool, eh?

Now that I've shown you Carson, stay tuned for a little extra fun I've been having with the pattern!

Labels: , ,

9 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Oh yes Romi it is fabulous. I cast on last night and am having so much fun. This is my first shawl from your patterns and I just love the colors. Hope I can keep up with everyone on the KAL.

10:09 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Oh yes Romi it is fabulous. I cast on last night and am having so much fun. This is my first shawl from your patterns and I just love the colors. Hope I can keep up with everyone on the KAL.

10:09 AM  
Blogger Jeanne said...

It is beautiful! One of the most unique shawls I've seen in a long time AND I'm already on row 29! Don't want to put it down. Thank you for the lovely design ♥

11:07 AM  
Blogger Linda said...

That is so gorgeous I might just get inspired to join in the "ravel" rousing.

11:52 AM  
Blogger Linda said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

11:55 AM  
Blogger Holly in CT said...

Lovely shawl, just having a devil of a time picking colors!

1:20 PM  
Blogger Holly in CT said...

Lovely shawl, next on the cue just have to pick the colors!

1:21 PM  
Blogger Liz said...

Stunning, Romi, and I love the palette with your new, Carson Valley, aura and beauty.

2:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Romi: I checked out this pattern on Ravelry and Jimmy Beans's wool. I love it but I would like to know the finished dimensions. I am a big woman so I want a big shawl.
Hope you will add measurements on your ravelry page for this shawl.
Also, will the pattern be available eventually as a single? Thanks in advance. I think you are one of the most innovative designers today. SJS

4:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home