26 August 2012

a little ketchup

I've been posting some of these pics on my Twitter stream, but I have a round up for you today! I know I have been absent again, but I am slowly coming back to life, and therefore more blog posts will be forthcoming. Thank you for bearing with me!

I've been working on the first shawl in my Y3 small shawl subscription, but this had to happen as I was catching up with other sekrit things, so I didn't blog much. I'm happy to say that one sekrit thing has come out - for my club

and another is on its way in early September (I think you all will love this one!).

And so here are a few pics to catch you up on the first shawl from my new series! I started out green

 and added a gorgeous rich golden-orange.

I worked and worked on it, (particularly happy to have it while being stuck on the highway for six hours after a mudslide cut us off from home), and it got bigger and bigger. I added an understated edging.

And then it was time to block.

I studied it from all angles.

I pinned out each point.

And after it was pinned out, I moved it outside, where it dried in under 2 minutes in the high desert sun.

I wore it while I was weaving in ends (Mr. Romi likes the AC higher than I do) and I love it. It's big and cushy and soft and it wraps around my neck in the nicest way. The yarn is Dream in Color Smooshy Sock and it's available from my partner in crime, Jimmy Beans Wool. The wonderful Kristen has put together some other great color combinations as well.

There will be more, but right now I am back to work on catch-up!

Labels: ,

10 Comments:

Blogger Suburban Stitcher said...

it is absolutely gorgeous!!!!!

5:04 PM  
Blogger Suburban Stitcher said...

beautiful!

5:05 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

the instant "dried by sun" is one of my fave things about summer. i get soo much laundry finished.

love the new edging!

7:22 PM  
Blogger Kerry said...

Can't wait to start on this :-)

12:14 AM  
Blogger Lindr said...

Very pretty! I've been tending towards colorwork lately and I have some new sock yarn from one of my favorite indie dyers that would look great in this. Can't wait for the pattern!

4:21 AM  
Blogger Biscuit said...

Oh my gosh, Romi, I can't wait to get the first pattern of Y3!!! Your pics are amazing!!! Thank you so much for posting these teaser pics!!

7:00 AM  
Anonymous kate said...

Seriously gorgeous. Can't wait for the pattern to be released! I think I might even have the perfect color combination in mind for it already.

9:43 AM  
Blogger KristenJBW said...

It's soooooooo pretty! Can't wait to start knitting!

1:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Yay, I can't wait for the new small shawl pattern! I love the slipped stitch colorwork pattern, but I'm especially looking forward to the edging.

9:05 PM  
Anonymous Madeline said...

One is even more beautiful than the other! I look forward to September, too.

7:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home