28 June 2012

she's here!

May I present the newest Muse?

Terpsichore Street!

There are three versions.

A small fingering weight

knit in a lovely merino/silk from Ripples Crafts.

The edge is a simple picot

and the gold with the silk content gives a sheen to the fleur-di-lis motif.

I absolutely loved this yarn and the subtle dye job with hints of browns and indigo.

For a night out on the town, there's a medium sized laceweight version.

This one is knit from Artyarns Cashmere 1.

I loved knitting with this yarn! Her cashmere is the very best quality, and you can tell when you have to rip several times, as I did. It held up beautifully, even though it is so soft that you can hardly feel it on your skin. And Iris dyed up some beaded and sequined yarn to match.

I love the addition of a little bling!

Last but not least, is the large version. I didn't knit the whole shawl - the edging is a little different from the medium size with the addition of an insert. Here it is in the lovely Sun Valley Fibers MCN laceweight

I love the color and the yarn is like buttah! I am actually knitting the large one, as well, because I love that yarn and color so much! One of my (fabulously incredible) test knitters did knit the whole shawl, however . She's on vacation right now, but I don't think she'll mind my posting her shawl picture here.

I think she did an amazing job and it looks fantastic on her!

Also in this eBook update: Mel's cowl. It's a casual version of the Melpomene shawl, and it comes in scalloped

and wavy edged versions.

The second one was Bear's idea. He loved the purple version, but not the scallops. So this one is his. :)

The last two patterns of the subscription - a scarf and a hat - will be out later today or early tomorrow. And then? Stay tuned for the next eBook subscription! It's going on sale tomorrow along with the big reveal of theme and other fabulous goodies! And even better? It's $16 instead of the usual $20 through the end of July (2012!)

9 Comments:

Blogger Jeanne said...

She is just so elegant in those first pictures, I had to buy the same yarn ;-)

12:27 PM  
Blogger JelliDonut said...

Romi, you just get better and better!

12:36 PM  
Blogger Monika said...

After reading this blog post I wanted to click the LOVE button, and realized, I'm not on ravelry. :o)
Lovely new shawl! I can hardly wait until tomorrow!

1:35 PM  
Blogger Linda said...

Oh, my goodness. Those are all so beautiful. It may be time to take up knitting!

3:10 PM  
Blogger Linda said...

Oh, my goodness! How beautiful. It may be time to take up knitting!

3:10 PM  
Blogger Linda said...

Oops. Did I post twice? Make that, thrice? Well, the gorgeousness merits posts in multiples, that's for sure!

3:11 PM  
Blogger Lost City Denise said...

Absolutely beautiful Romi!!!

3:55 PM  
Blogger daffynpooh said...

Fabulous as always!! I'll be putting my Iridaceae to use on the large one - just as soon as I can catch up with you! Super excited for Friday's eBook as well.....

6:19 PM  
Blogger Yarnhog said...

Oh, those are all just lovely!

12:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home