03 June 2012

pithy title

Well. Here we are! Thank you all for playing along and entering to win those blocking wires. They are absolutely fabulous, and I know that Barbie is going to enjoy them! She was the 25th commenter and the winner, chosen by random.org! Congratulations! Please email at romi(at)designsbyromi(dot)com and I will pass on your name and address to Rachel at Inspinknity!
Do any of you use the Hipstamatic app for iPhone? I finally discovered it Friday (am I the last person on Earth to discover it?), and, of course, played with it the rest of the day. I am deeply smitten with it. I am a product of the age of film, and I can't tell you how much I have missed it! There was a magical quality to it, in the different ways of processing and in the analog uniqueness of the way the light interacted with each different frame. And this app makes my iPhone photos look like beautiful memories rather than flat video. I took pictures all afternoon. This one is of the fire near us. Thankfully, it is out now.
This is The Bear eating dinner outside. Magical.
Here is my new muse - just a quick snap in my temporary studio. Isn't she lovely on her mannequin?
Then yesterday was the kids fishing derby and I was out there with my iPhone taking pics. Here they are gearing up.
#1 Son with his first fish.
The Bear with his.
I cooked up an amazing dinner (really, it was) of pan fried fresh trout dredged in cornmeal and blackened redfish seasonings. My new nickname? The Trout Whisperer. Heehee.
Today, I blocked a new scarf: part of the muse book, as well.
The color is nothing close to real in that previous one. This is more like.
The lovely yarn is from At Bullard Farm.
It's a BFL/silk blend (colorway: Fresh Grass).
I loved knitting with it. It's hardier than silk/merino. No fuzzing! Even with (lots of) ripping. :)
And the muse for whom the new shawl is named? Terpsichore!

7 Comments:

Blogger Suburban Stitcher said...

BEAUTIFUL!!!!

6:10 PM  
Blogger Jeanne said...

Whee! Can't wait to cast on Terpsichore!

6:37 PM  
Anonymous Elsa said...

That mannequin has a nice ass. The shawl's pretty, too.

7:03 PM  
Blogger Justine said...

Love the scarf! I'm psyched that it's going to be part of the muse book.

7:33 PM  
Blogger Justine said...

Also, words can not express my love for Hipstamatic. I have some of the black and white "films." I also like taking the same picture, usually a nature shot, with different lens/film/flash combinations and the different moods are amazing.

7:36 PM  
Blogger norabrown said...

Love love love

1:39 AM  
Blogger heydebbi said...

Oh, no, another beautiful pattern and I am still struggling with Pule. Seems it is 3 rows forward and 4 back.

1:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home