02 April 2012

Monday's Musing

"Courage is not the absence of fear but the judgement that something else is more important than fear. The brave may not live forever but the cautious do not live at all. For now you are traveling the road between who you think you are and who you can be." - Meg Cabot

We are back home and Mr. Romi and I are sitting at Starbucks using the wifi. Yay Starbucks! Today we are working on returning life to a semblance of normality. The kids need to get enrolled in school, wholesale orders need to be put together and shipped, patterns need to be finished, internet service needs to be obtained, garbage service at the old house needs to be cancelled.... Did I mention that the house we're in is a temporary one? Heh. We are trying not to unpack! The pup is doing well, the cat is slowly coming to terms with the interloper, and Diva the Rabbit is ignoring everyone and lying about like the Queen of Sheba in a sunbeam. Worst news alert: all my shoes - except my Keen sandals and rain boots - are missing in the mad pile of boxes and furniture in the garage. At the moment, I am sitting here in my only warm foot coverings, a pair of fur lined slippers. Luckily, no one is staring at my feet.

There is snow on the mountains, the air is clear and crisp and wonderful, and the sun is bright and deliciously warm. Terry in my Ravelry forum totally nailed the location of the picture I posted of the mountains: the Sierra Nevadas seen from the stretch of 395 between Carson City and Minden, Nevada. For those of you who have never seen the Carson Valley in Nevada: it is one of the most beautiful places I have ever seen in my life. The funny thing is that - even though I was born and raised close by in California - I had never been through this area until we all went to a swim meet in Carson City. I had been to Reno, Elko and Las Vegas, but this little piece of heaven completely escaped me, and when I saw it, I fell deeply in love. But more about that later.

Thank you all so much for all the kind wishes and thoughts you have sent our way. You have all buoyed me when I was so tired I could have dropped! These are not bad changes, so please don't worry about us! It is exhausting and time consuming and everyone is a little shell shocked, but all will be better after the dust has settled. Mr. Romi is doing really well and the boys are adjusting. I'm off to get some things in order and find my shoes. Love to you all!

Labels:

13 Comments:

Blogger Jeanne said...

Welcome Home ♥

Picture of slippers please ;-)

10:48 AM  
Blogger norabrown said...

Hope you find your cowboy boots! The picture of the mountains is gorgeous.

10:56 AM  
Blogger harriet said...

I wear my Keen sandals with socks during colder weather. It works. Hope everything settles down soon. Your new home sounds lovely. Never been in that area of the country.

11:29 AM  
Blogger Allison said...

Wheeeeee!!! Now the adventure truly begins! CHEERS!!

11:48 AM  
Anonymous dana said...

i know that stretch of 395! just on the other side of the sierra nevadas from here. right over ebbets pass, although we usually take the sonora pass.

by the way, there is a very nice indoor/outdoor pool complex in gardnerville .

12:02 PM  
Blogger livin4fishin said...

Welcome to the neighborhood. I live 30 miles north of reno and agree with you--this is beautiful country. I was native ca too but have been in nv 10 years and feel like i should be native here too. It is a beautiful state! good luck on getting settled and hope to meet you sometime in our great area.

12:18 PM  
Anonymous Teresa said...

so glad everything is working out and that the menagerie is happy...

never mind shoes - life is good as long as you can find the stash!

1:49 PM  
Anonymous Kei said...

Yay!!!!
The mountains look gorgeous.

BTW? Please be late with your Spring P&L shipment --- your most efficient moderator has us busily working on your other designs and if there's a new big pattern out this month, we are all up a creek....well, OK, I'll be up a creek with 5 Romi shawls on the needles. Even for me, that's a bit much.

Fast healing vibes to Mr. Romi, quick assimilation vibes to the boys, and Magic Unpacking vibes to you!

2:35 PM  
Anonymous Lilybalm said...

Happy homecoming - enjoy the new adventure- and best wishes!

3:22 PM  
Blogger Gail said...

It is a beautiful area. And still the same latitude so the seasons won't go totally wonky for your inner clock though you will have colder winters than your body is used to. You may even have more light.

8:58 AM  
Blogger Gail said...

It is a beautiful area.

8:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

While I'll miss your positive creative energy in Sonoma County, Nevada is lovely. Enjoy the change and you are very close to the Jimmy Bean's in Reno, no? Inspiration at reasonable prices there ;-)

5:33 PM  
Blogger Tilt-a-whorl said...

Well, you landed in one of the only "lush" areas of Nevada. What a surprise! It is good that you can live there and be close to Carson City, Tahoe and Virginia City! (not far from Sierra Outfitters) There is certainly a LOT for the boys to discover, when the hubs is feeling better again and I look forward to hearing what brought you to the eastern Sierra! (As I told Rod, when we moved up here, thanks to the internet, we have a portable business.) Huzzah!

7:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home