08 March 2012

A little play

I can't believe it's Thursday already! Happy birthday to my Bear, who is 9 today.
I think he enjoyed the day. :) (See those swimmer's dreads? He wants a haircut, or maybe I should say shearing, but I've been stalling cause he's so cute this way.)

It's been a whirlwind week, actually. One more secret project finished, another halfway done and another cast on. I have been a crazy knitting machine! On Monday, though, I got to take a little time off when Anne, Cookie and friends came up to visit wine country!
We had lunch in Healdsburg (which is near me in Sonoma County, btw - not all the wine is in Napa!) at Zin, owned by my dear friend Susan's husband Jeff. In addition to being the catering director, she's the gal who makes it all work. Plus, she's a knitter. Perfect, right?
She ordered us some deep fried green beans (in tempura batter), one of Zin'e specialties. YUM!
We all whipped out the cameras.
It was a great photo op!
Though for some reason Cookie decided to eat instead.
It was fabulous to see you, ladies, even for a short while!

Back to knitting for me. :)

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

Anonymous Barbara said...

Oh my goodness your little guy is ridiculously handsome. Mine is just 5 and I can't keep from wondering what he is going to look like as he grows up.

5:41 AM  
Blogger Romi said...

Awww, thank you! It's amazing to watch them grow and change, isn't it? :)

11:33 PM  
Anonymous twinsetellen said...

I have this argument with my husband about cutting his cute locks, too. For some odd reason he wants to look professional. I say keep the locks on your Bear as long as possible - he is absolutely charming in them!

Great photos of the fun later in the month. We won't be able to offer you good wine touring when you are here in Minnesota in April, but the local beer is pretty good!

6:21 AM  
Blogger Romi said...

No worries. After living in wine country for some time, I've become inured to the wineries. Beer sounds good! But to be honest, iced tea and yarn works well. :)

I think your husband should keep his locks! But I do understand the need to look professional. Sigh and drat.

11:08 AM  
Blogger Amy said...

What a cute munchkin you have.I love the hair.

7:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My fake nephew has gorgeous hair like your guy too, but his is golden blonde (right). He wanted a crew cut and then grew it out and had a long ponytail for a long while. Maybe the short cut will bounce Bear back to wanting long too?

8:05 AM  
Blogger Romi said...

I hope so!! :)

8:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home