07 February 2012

Race to Stitches!

As some of you may already know, this year at Stitches West I am sharing a double booth - 1134 and 1136 - with the amazing Kristine of A Verb for Keeping Warm. We are going absolutely crazy getting cool and fun things together to show you, and I, of course, had to increase the insanity. (What is it that makes me love insanity so much? I'll never know!)

Kristine is releasing some yummy new yarns and I'm bringing pins, yarn ball earrings and pendants, some orifice hooks, and some new pin designs. And there's some more fun cooking too. The first 100 people who spend $50 will get an adorable project bag. Here's the artwork.
Too cute, right? :)

But about the race. That's what you want to hear, right? Heh. I am going to release a muse that weekend - remember the two color one that I recently finished? A friend of mine is busy knitting up a sample in Annapurna, an old favorite Verb yarn being re-released that weekend. And the pattern will be out too! Both online and in the booth. You can come by and pet all the muses and Pleiades sisters. :) I am digressing again. The race the race!

I decided one muse wasn't enough. I really had my heart set on releasing two muses. So I am knitting up another. I am using two of Kristine's gorgeous sock yarns in My Hand and Yours and Genmaicha colorways. I am in love.
Aren't they gorgeous together? Wait until you see them in person! The green is super difficult to photograph - it has a great acidic quality to it and tons of color depth. The blue just glows. And you are going to watch my progress here as I get the pattern ready. I have my super speedy test knitters standing by, and for awhile, I was thinking that I am utterly barking mad. Especially since I am working on at least 5 secret projects at the moment. I know. But you know what? I am flying! This design is almost knitting itself and I am sooooo enjoying it! This is going to happen.

Labels:

8 Comments:

Blogger norabrown said...

Well, you sure know how to get everyone all excited.

Things are really going to be hopping on your forum while your away. ;)

8:14 PM  
Blogger Dataknitter said...

Oooh!!! I have a brand new skein of Anapurna in the color Sugar ( a yummy medium dark pink) just looking for a project - I guess a new muse will fit the bill nicely.

9:38 PM  
Anonymous Techmuse said...

So--is this Muse 6? and it's a 2-color muse?

11:30 PM  
Blogger Monika said...

Good for you! Use the momentum! I can't wait to see the newest Muse, and # 5 is the best so far. Love it.

5:18 AM  
Blogger Jeanne said...

For once I'm speechless - in a good way. Go ROMI!

7:00 AM  
Blogger by Annie Claire said...

yay! can't wait!

8:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my, that sounds like a hectic amount of work! Good luck in keeping it all together ;-)

Now you're making me look up when Stitches West is...

9:31 AM  
Blogger daffynpooh said...

Yup.....what Jeanne said!!

I'm excited to see the wip pics!!

4:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home