04 February 2012

Erato!

She's here. :)
And we also have a winner! There were 87 comments, so I went on over to random.org and plugged in my numbers. Random.org said 8, which made The Bear happy, since that's his favorite number. But I digress. The winner is...JaneSezKnit! I guess I ought scoot on over to Ravelry and tell her, eh? :)

I had a lot of fun taking some pictures the other day when the sun peeked out from amongst the clouds.
This one has a similar construction to Maia, from the first year eBook, but there are definite differences. First of all, there are cables. There's a fine and plump lovers' cable twining down the center of the back.
And across the shoulders are mini cables.
Second, the panels are not equal in size. One side of the miniature cable increases at a greater rate than the other. This gives greater width across the back and less in front, and makes the shawl curve nicely around your shoulders. There is subtle shoulder shaping by decreasing the number of increases along the mini cables. (Doesn't that make a strange sentence?) The mini cables merge into the border.
And the large cable morphs into an edging cable. (Can you tell the above picture was taken indoors and the below was outdoors? Look at the difference in color even after correction!)
I am particularly smitten by that little detail.
There is a twisted edging.
And the bottom edge is a little bit ruffled. If you want to expand the size of the shawl, you can keep working that edging chart. It will get a bit more ruffled each time the chart is worked.
All in all, I am quite pleased with Erato.
I hope you like her!

Erato is for sale on Ravelry for $6.50 or as part of an eBook subscription of 7 small shawls and 3 extra patterns for $20. Happy knitting!

Labels:

13 Comments:

Anonymous Techmuse said...

She is stunning and gorgeous and I can't wait to cast on--she was definitely worth the wait!

9:43 PM  
Blogger Michele said...

And very lovely she is too! Cables are fab!

1:10 AM  
Blogger Mer Almagro said...

So beautiful, love the shape of the shawl too!

2:40 AM  
Blogger Carol Steel said...

This is gorgeous, subtle and full of surprise. I wish I could knit proficiently, but cannot so will enjoy looking. Thanks for all the close-up photos.

3:42 AM  
Blogger Jeanne said...

Congratulations JaneSezKnit did she win a shawl pin?

Welcome Erato! Romi she's lovely and so romantic!

4:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So Beautiful!

4:50 AM  
Blogger Stripeyspots said...

I just love your patterns. I think I'm just going to give in and buy them all...

6:01 AM  
Blogger daffynpooh said...

She's beautiful!!

6:27 AM  
Anonymous Nancy said...

Erato is positively gorgeous! I can't wait to knit her.

10:44 AM  
Anonymous Phyllis said...

As always, an enchanting offering. I got to wondering if anyone has ever told you that there are many streets in New Orleans named after the Muses, even the ones with long, convoluted names. I think I know how to pronounce them until I remember that New Oreleanians don't always pronounce things like other folks! But at least the names look familiar to me.

10:56 AM  
Blogger harriet said...

Very beautiful! Love the cabling.

11:35 AM  
Blogger azwoolgirl said...

Simply stunning and such a beauty!!! I love it Romi :)

5:41 PM  
Blogger troy and christina said...

It's beautiful!
-christina

7:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home