03 January 2012

Rounding out the round-up

Whew! Where did the week go?! I think it was lost amid the thick pre-teen angst at Chez Romi these days. I started this post on the third and now it's the sixth already! I'm definitely needing those extra vitamins. But now, I'm finally back to do the rest of my 2011 round-up!

Other than the list of shawls I posted the other day, there were a few other projects I designed in 2011 (though nowhere near the number I did in 2010). I'm actually not sure how I managed to do all the designs I did in 2010. I think my family must have missed me!

First non-shawl project up in the year was the Heliosphere Tank for the first summer issue of Knitscene, my favorite knitting magazine (both because I love the aesthetic and because editor Lisa Shroyer is so fantastic to work with).
It was a super fun project to design, with a cowl neck...
and a racer back.
Next up was the Ileana Pullover, also for Knitscene.
It was knit from yummy aran weight Road to China.
I enjoyed every minute of knitting it!
And I about fainted in ecstasy when it made the cover!
At about the same time, my Gothic Tam came out in Interweave Knits Accessories. Knit out of Pico Accuardi Dyeworks aran weight merino/alpaca blend, it was a fun quick project. I made a few of them and gave them to friends, but I couldn't say anything because the pattern wasn't out yet. ;) I'm so sad to say that Pico Accuardi has now gone out of business. I will miss them.
Oooooh, sultry!
And last of all, I released the Poinsettia Tam.
It comes in the Canadian-style lined
and the California-style unlined versions.
The lined version calls for mohair/silk laceweight (here is the inside - we were wearing it both right-side and inside out at my knitting group).
And there's a bonus pattern for little mitts to use up extra yarn. They're layered with some lace on the outside and a liner of mohair/silk laceweight on the inside.
They look great under your coat, sort of peeking out.
My wonderful Canadian test knitter whose gorgeous head of hair is pictured above in the green tam wears them in addition to gloves and mittens, to keep cold air from blowing up her sleeves!

Well. That's it for the extra projects. 2011 was kind of a lean year, design-wise, but a very busy year family-wise. 2012 is already shaping up to be insane. Ulp!

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger ValĂ©ria Garcia said...

I see beauty everywhere! :-)

3:04 AM  
Blogger Rudee said...

I love the beauty of your designs. Keep up the good work in 2012.

8:20 AM  
Anonymous Julianna said...

Hi Romi!

The gothic tam was the first pattern of yours I had ever knit. I loved it and plan on knitting more of them. Please please please design more hats!!

3:46 PM  
Blogger Jeanne said...

What a wonderful year it was. I do think you're forgetting a few more, though I'm not 100% sure you designed them in 2011. There was a cowl and an ascot, placemats and a wedding shawl ;-)

Something else that I noticed in 2011 is how your skills as a designer grew. Your designs in 2011 were much more advanced than the ones in 2010. And there are a lot of us enjoying growing our skills with you!

Keep up the fabulous work!

8:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home