14 October 2011

My cheatin' heart

...is at it again. I had to cast on another Muse. That makes three I am working on at once. Plus my second Buttonwillow. This latest muse is all about elegant texture. And is fitting my mood of late.
The color is incredible. It's from Alisha Goes Around, but she told me once that the color name marked on the skein was incorrect. I have to find out from her again what it is because everyone who sees it wants to steal it!
Love the stitch definition.
It's going to be perfect to take to the swim meet this weekend.

Yep. Swim meet weekend and I will be trying something new! Tomorrow morning (October 15th) at 9 a.m., the rest of my Pins & Lace Club spots open up. I have everything all set up to take it live on my iPhone! How cool is that?! I have an ftp app. I'm hoping it works properly and I won't have to run to the nearest Starbucks. :)

But probably what you really want to see is...the winners! Right? The randomly chosen winners of the two digital copies of Bambeanies are Marlie and Megan, and the winner of the signed hard copy is Fara! Congratulations! Please email me with your contact info at romi(at)designsbyromi(dot)com.

Today was a very sad day at Chez Romi. We lost #1 Son's bunny a little over a week ago and then The Bear's bunny became ill a couple of days ago. We had to have him put down today. Pepper's eyes were swollen, and at first I was so hoping it was sunburn or allergy, or something of the sort. Those of you with bunnies are now saying to yourselves: "Oh, no. It's not sunburn!" No, it wasn't. Between the two of us, Mr. Romi and I determined it was Myxomatosis. We don't usually diagnose our critters, but I have to say the vet was really not qualified to look at a rabbit. Our bunny was presenting classic symptoms and the vet had absolutely no clue when she looked at him Tuesday. Lesson learned. If you are going to have rabbits, you need a vet who knows how to treat them. In the case of Myxomatosis, treatment is almost completely futile, and we didn't want our poor little bunny to go through the end stages of the disease. So now we are watching our little Diva bunny very very closely. If she gets through next week without swollen eyes, I think we will be ok. Fingers are crossed.

Labels: , , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Jeanne said...

♥ your muse! Good luck on Pins & Lace via iPhone technology and {{hugs} to the Romi family on the loss of your 2nd pet in a week.

6:26 AM  
Blogger Anita Figueras said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your poor bunnies. Fingers crossed that Diva will be OK. Best of wishes for good luck in the search for a good bunny doc.

As to having 3 Muses going at once - obviously that is probably about the only way you are going to make your self-imposed deadline, being as it's October. I'm a subscriber, and wish to send a message: NO PRESSURE from this source. The patterns will come, and I'm going to be very happy.

That said... I kind of wish Buttonwillow could be renamed, or tweaked, and become a Muse. If you could figure out how to do that, you'd could get a two-fer!

7:17 AM  
Blogger Yarnhog said...

Oh, I'm sorry about the bunnies. I do hope the last one stays healthy. It's always a problem finding someone to treat animals other than dogs and cats. I had a pet boa constrictor for years and learned to diagnose and treat her problems myself.

11:16 AM  
Blogger Monika said...

Your new knitting looks gorgeous, yarn, and stitches. I'm so sorry about your bunnies!

1:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home