26 October 2011

A-musing

I finally got to try out my super flexible blocking wires from in-spin-knit-y. I love them!
So. Are you ready to see blocking pictures?
This is Muse #4 (numbers 2 and 3 are still on the needles and waiting because I had to finish #4). She is part of the 7 Small Shawls Year 2 eBook subscription. I chose to block the scallops flat across the bottom, but you could also block them rounded.
Muse #4 forced me to cheat on Muses #2 and #3 both. Hopefully, they will forgive me! You know how it is. I simply could not resist the siren call of the texture paired with that amazing yarn from Alisha. YUM! (btw, message Alisha and she will put you on her yarn list if you want this one.)
The colorway is Ashes and the base is her 80% merino, 20% nylon sock yarn called "Descent (of Woodpeckers) Fingering" and it is being pre-tested as I write this.
Also, I realized that I talked about this in my Ravelry forum, but never blogged about my Knitscene cover! Meet Ileana.
I was so excited for her to come out because as soon as I sent the sample off, I started one for myself! I, of course, had to hide it from you all, which was very difficult. Here's a shot on an armless mannequin which makes the sleeve look a little wonky where the lace meets the stockinette, but in real life, it is a smooth transition. It shows the lace around the neckline much better though!
I haven't finished my own Ileana yet - I still have the sleeves to go. It's a super fun and fast knit, but I just have had so much other stuff to knit for samples that I had to put it aside. I can't wait to get back to it!

Well, now it's back to the yarn mines for me. :)

Labels: , ,

11 Comments:

Blogger Jennie said...

Wow! All that texture is so. gorgeous!

6:25 PM  
Blogger Linda said...

You make such beautiful things!!!!! <3

6:57 PM  
Anonymous Kate64 said...

No reason you can't release #4 before #2 ande #3, is there?

7:01 PM  
Blogger Birdsong said...

I love the flexible, pointy edging! I saw the cover sweater yesterday, but didn't realize it was your design... it is awesome. Almost anyone would look fabulous in this design.

7:33 PM  
Blogger Anita Figueras said...

Excellent point made by Kate64 - you can release the patterns in your ebook in any darned order that you choose! After all, you inserted patterns after the fact in The Pleiades collection.

Are we empowering you, or making a self-serving argument so that we get our hand on that gorgeous pattern a little faster?

BTW, I think I am about to really appreciate your charting system of showing each row as the knitter will actually work it, rather than as it will appear on the public side. I will be casting on a lace pattern issued by another designer who does not use your system...

5:17 AM  
Blogger Jeanne said...

The texture of the shawl is simply AMAZING! I can't WAIT for it to be released♥

6:45 AM  
Blogger Monika said...

You crank out one beautiful design after another! I'm so looking forward to # 4!

7:01 AM  
Blogger Laura Sue said...

Oh! Muse #4---beautiful!

9:28 AM  
Blogger daffynpooh said...

Stunning. Simply stunning.

6:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so impressed with your "Ileana" - the prettiest neckline I've seen in ages!

12:18 PM  
Anonymous http://SableStasher.typepad.com said...

Hi Rosemary:

I found the Winter issue of Knitscene by accident on Sunday. I spread the word on KBTH and Facebook which I am just learning to use.

The pullover is lovely. And true, that I feel quite an attachment to you. Your career has blossomed during these past years. Great Cover my friend. ox
junieann

12:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home