31 October 2011

Monday's Musing

"An apology is the superglue of life. It can repair just about anything." - Lynn Johnston

The filling I got Friday fell out Sunday. My jaw is getting more swollen by the moment. :( It would have been so nice to hear "Oh, I'm sorry!" this morning from the dentist's office instead of just "name, please." It started me thinking.... No matter how annoyed I ever get, I am always touched by an apology and immediately disarmed. It's so simple, yet so mighty!

Have a a great week, everyone!

Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger Monika said...

So true! I'm sorry you are hurting!

1:58 PM  
Blogger Jeanne said...

That is just so rude!!! I hope you got it replaced and are feeling better soon. Just what you didn't need ♥

2:41 PM  
Anonymous dana said...

i have to see my dentist tomorrow morning. i don't think the news will be good.

on the positive side, buttonwillow is almost done.

9:35 PM  
Blogger Robin said...

I'm sorry you are having dental issues. I hate going to the dentist. Good luck and mention the lack of concern to the dentist. maybe he/she will speak to the telephone answerer.

6:04 AM  
Anonymous Clara said...

Yes, I agree, an apology makes all the difference in the world. Some people just don't get it. They're just there to get a paycheck.

I truly hope you are feeling much much better!

9:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh no! I'm sorry you're having problems with your teeth. If you need the name of the best dentist in the world, let me know. I'll even drive you to SF myself - I love him that much ;-) Feel better.

9:30 PM  
Anonymous Paula said...

Find a new dentist. Take seriously the poor work and the poor response. It is a hard earned lesson but a lesson nonetheless.

7:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home