28 September 2011

This, that and the other

I have something embarrassing to admit. I have fallen out of love with Muse #2 and have put her aside for the moment while I work out her border again in my mind's eye. I need to love her again, and right now I'm not. Meanwhile, though, I have been working on Muse #3 and my sekrit project. I am nowhere close to being monogamous with my design projects these days, which is fairly unusual. Whereas I am not at all monogamous when I knit other designers' pieces, I rarely ever cheat on my own design. But there you go. I can't seem to do one thing at a time!

I'm also getting ready for the next Pins & Lace Club shipment. It might surprise you how much prep time goes into those! But I always have fun putting them together. :)

Also? I've gotten out some lovely mohair/silk from Habu. The color is one of my very very favorites.
A lovely mossy green. Yum. Wait until you see what I'm doing with it! :giggle:

Well, my Buttonwillow Wrap seems to have had a great time at Vogue Knitting Live, though it hasn't written lately. I did see a few pics of it hanging around the KnitCulture booth, though, and it's still visiting down there. KnitCulture plans to have Buttonwillow Kits up on their site Friday, by the way. So, if you are having a difficult time waiting, well...all I'm saying is...they'll be there for you. Meanwhile, since finishing my own Buttonwillow, I've missed knitting on it and I'm doing another out of some Mohair/Polwarth from Rovings, that I got at Yarnover in Minneapolis a couple of years ago. The color is stunnning.

Sort of a brilliant raspberry that is insanely difficult to capture on camera.
I've been trying to stretch it out a lot to see how the stitch definition is.
Not bad, eh? This is one of those yarns that needs to be blocked before it shows its full glory
But it is soft soft soft! I am going to love it around my shoulders this winter. :)

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Word Lily said...

I love everything about that mohair/polwarth yarn! Gorgeous!

8:20 AM  
Anonymous Tricoteuse007 said...

Dear Romi, I am so impatient that you falling again in love with Muse 2 because the small piece you show to us was verry interresting and atractive for me.

5:41 PM  
Anonymous dana said...

oh!!!
i love that habu. i have some, in two different colors. are you going to design something wonderful?

7:07 PM  
Blogger daffynpooh said...

Since I love Buttonwillow SO much I am not quite as sad ove the "cooling love affair" you are currently dealing with.......will wait patiently for you to rekindle the relationship!

7:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home