02 September 2011

Speechless - in a good way

The other day, FedEx pulled up to the house with a completely unexpected package for me. And ever since, I've been trying to think of the words to express how incredibly touched I was, and still am.

A lot of you are on my Ravelry forum and know the fabulously kind, funny and friendly Jeanne, one of the moderators. (As an aside: we have the very very best moderators in the world. If they aren't in the Guinness Book, they should be.)

Jeanne decided that I needed my very own Live Oak Shawlette because I had to send mine away to Knitscene as a sample. She said she got the same yarn, but then decided that it was wrong for my coloring. (See what I mean by wonderful and kind!?) She then proceeded to dig out a special yarn that she had been saving (!), and, knowing how much I love green, she knit me a Live Oak shawl of my very own out of her special green yarn.
And looking at this lovely shawl made me realize something. This is the first time anyone has ever knit anything for me. And wow. It's an amazing feeling. :)
I am still speechless. Words tend to fail me at times like this, when I am overcome.
But I can say this: it is beautiful, and I will treasure it always and forever.

Thank you, Jeanne. You have no idea how much this shawl means to me.

Love you!

Labels: ,

19 Comments:

Blogger Linda said...

Gorgeous shawl, gorgeous you! What a sweet treat for you. Loved this story!

10:53 PM  
Anonymous Saara said...

Awwwwww! I was wondering when she was knitting that shawl who it was for, since clearly it was an important project for someone special :) Now we know! I'm so fortunate to have Jeanne as a fellow moderator - her happy spirit and friendliness are really unique.

12:00 AM  
Blogger norabrown said...

She is one of the kindest people I've ever known. HUGE HEART!!!

And how nice of her to knit for you. Who would have thought that no one has ever done so.

It looks great on you.

5:28 AM  
Blogger Jeanne said...

Now I'm the one in tears. What a beautiful write up and it looks wonderful on you! ♥

Love you too!

p.s. did you reblock it? :-)

5:44 AM  
Anonymous Cathy Goldman said...

There is something so amazing when someone knits you a gift. Special is not the word for it....that's what friends are for!!!!

5:55 AM  
Blogger Vicki Knitorious said...

Well, I'd say that smile on your face says it all! Very sweet.

7:36 AM  
Blogger Judy (Nanajudy) said...

Absolutely gorgeous shawl; a labor of love from a very special person.

7:58 AM  
Blogger teanotea said...

That's a fabulous color for you, Romi. I'm just a titch jealous, but only a titch. You deserve it for all the joy you bring to us with your patterns and your blog.

Jeanne, you did a wonderful job!

8:01 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

I find it incredible that this is your first hand-knitted gift - but knowing your group on Ravelry, I have a feeling it won't be your last! I already thought Jeanne was wonderful, but this takes my appreciation to a whole new level.

9:23 AM  
Blogger JelliDonut said...

What a lovely thing!

9:26 AM  
Blogger Dana said...

That is just wonderful! Thanks for sharing your joy. :-)

1:32 PM  
Blogger Alyssa said...

Wow, that is too wonderful - and it's beautifully done! That shawl is definitely a treasure to keep :)

5:45 PM  
Anonymous twinsetellen said...

This leaves me all smiles. You are just glowing in that shawl!

7:52 PM  
Anonymous Trista said...

How absolutely wonderful! I'm sure Jeanne is feeling just as good from the giving as you are with the receiving. The color is lovely on you.

10:25 AM  
Blogger Valéria Garcia said...

Beautifull shawl and post!

3:55 PM  
Blogger Wendy said...

What an awesome gift! Gifts from the heart are always the most cherished! Way to go Jeanne!

Wendy (Wendeluu on Ravelry)

8:18 PM  
Blogger NotAppealing said...

How wonderful, and she was spot on with the color, too! Beautiful!!

11:33 AM  
Anonymous Madeline said...

Both you and the shawl look beautiful!

4:57 PM  
Anonymous dee said...

The shawl is beautiful and so are you. Jeanne is a wonderful moderator. Thanks for sharing her sweet gesture. : )

9:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home